TTL News

The Middle East

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Source

Syria, Lebanon, and took out a couple mosques along the way? Man this could get even more sporty, and that genie won't go back in to the bottle easily. 

And here we are with no competent leadership, no respect as a Nation or self respect as a people.  Trouble doesn’t even begin to describe the world of hurt potentially coming at us.

• Like 1

I was on a trip down the rabbit hole the other day, saw a clip regarding religions, was interesting so read up on background of the topic: Aramaic, a 3,000 year old language, and was spoken by Jesus. In this language the word "Elah(i)" means God with the "i" added it is "my God". Look familiar? it should, because in Arabic the word is "Allah" and in Hebrew it is " Elohim"

3,00 years, or more( there's lots of reading about the evolution of the word and a whole rabbit hole unto itself) these people have essentially followed, worshipped, fought over and killed and displaced, all in the name of the same God. if greed and seeking of power were taken out of the equation, one could almost hope the current parties would realize that

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Adam said:

I was on a trip down the rabbit hole the other day, saw a clip regarding religions, was interesting so read up on background of the topic: Aramaic, a 3,000 year old language, and was spoken by Jesus. In this language the word "Elah(i)" means God with the "i" added it is "my God". Look familiar? it should, because in Arabic the word is "Allah" and in Hebrew it is " Elohim"

3,00 years, or more( there's lots of reading about the evolution of the word and a whole rabbit hole unto itself) these people have essentially followed, worshipped, fought over and killed and displaced, all in the name of the same God. if greed and seeking of power were taken out of the equation, one could almost hope the current parties would realize that

If they haven’t realized that in 3000+ years I don’t believe they ever will.

10 hours ago, Elizabeth Whitehouse said:

Yeah, right. I don't believe for a minute that Israel had nothing to do with attacking the hospital.

And yet, the AP just released an article saying it did in fact appear to be an errant rocket fired from within Gaza.

Ive seen video and it’s pretty obvious that it wasn’t an Israeli air strike.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Whitehouse said:

OK maybe this one wasn't, but they intend to flatten Gaza.

And your here to tell us they are wrong ! All wars are wrong in that it’s the Innocents that pay the price of war . To understand why this is happening one needs to understand the mindsets of those involved … on both sides . Why is it that Americans believe that other cultures and their people think , act , have Laws and Rights like we enjoy here ?! 
If , God forbid , you found yourself smack dab in their shoes would you not want to reciprocate? This situation Will escala … oh ffs never mind ! 
I deleted the rest of what I had ready to post but have an idea it would have fallen on eyes hidden behind Rose colored glasses . 

20 minutes ago, Elizabeth Whitehouse said:

Yes. I am telling you that it is wrong for Israel to even contemplate flattening Gaza.

Figured that ! So… its alright , by your way of thinking , for Hamas to commit atrocities on the Innocent of Israel ?! Never mind I have your answer . 

32 minutes ago, Elizabeth Whitehouse said:

Yes. I am telling you that it is wrong for Israel to even contemplate flattening Gaza.

Hamas should be flattened, just like they flattened 260 innocent kids at a concert.  Unfortunately innocent Palestinians get hurt too which is why they were trying to get them out of there.  Terrorist do not just give up.  Ever.  

• Like 3

They can "flatten" Gaza all they want, but Hamas is underground. I'd negotiate for the hostages, then "crawdad" and flood those tunnels, with soldiers waiting at every exit point. Should only take a day or so, then it'd be a while before they could re-build their ranks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hal said:

Figured that ! So… its alright , by your way of thinking , for Hamas to commit atrocities on the Innocent of Israel ?! Never mind I have your answer . 

Maybe. Maybe not. Is it alright for Israel to commit atrocities on innocent Palestinians? Does one stand up to a bully or just quietly submit?

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

They can "flatten" Gaza all they want, but Hamas is underground. I'd negotiate for the hostages, then "crawdad" and flood those tunnels, with soldiers waiting at every exit point. Should only take a day or so, then it'd be a while before they could re-build their ranks. 

You disappoint me. I thought you were better than that.

10 minutes ago, KarenK said:

Hamas should be flattened, just like they flattened 260 innocent kids at a concert.  Unfortunately innocent Palestinians get hurt too which is why they were trying to get them out of there.  Terrorist do not just give up.  Ever.  

I do not see Hamas as terrorists. I see them as freedom fighters. Israel is nasty.

42 minutes ago, KarenK said:

Agreed...It’s highly unlikely that Israel had any  plans to “flatten” Hamas (or Gaza) as of October 6th.

They had entered into the Abraham Accords with multiple Arab nations that finally agreed to recognize Israel as a sovereign nation....and were actively working with the Saudi government to achieve more normalized relations in the region (including consideration of a “two state solution”).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Whitehouse said:

You disappoint me. I thought you were better than that.

I really don’t care.

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Whitehouse said:

Maybe. Maybe not. Is it alright for Israel to commit atrocities on innocent Palestinians? Does one stand up to a bully or just quietly submit?

Thanks , but I have the answer I expected. And yes , if the bully is the instigator ( Hamas ) then one stands up for themselves ( Israel )   and retaliates in kind . And sometimes as my father taught me , you have to go “ bat shit crazy “ on the bully so he won’t be as willing to bother you again ! And that advice has saved my ass in many regions and Countries on my travels . 

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Whitehouse said:

I do not see Hamas as terrorists. I see them as freedom fighters. Israel is nasty.

So , now I see that your are in support of terrorists And an anti Semite …. Wow , how lucky you are to have the right to your opinion eh ?!  
And I would beg to differ on Hamas being freedom fighters as that would be a misnomer . Freedom fighters don’t use women and children as human shields that makes them nothing but Cowards ( bullies if you will … but you won’t) in addition these human shields are the very people they say they trying to gain Freedom for . 
In closing I would opine that I could find a better descriptor than you for Israel but if “ nasty “ is your choice then yes … and  so is a nest of hornets when you kill their Young . 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hal said:

Thanks , but I have the answer I expected. And yes , if the bully is the instigator ( Hamas ) then one stands up for themselves ( Israel )   and retaliates in kind . And sometimes as my father taught me , you have to go “ bat shit crazy “ on the bully so he won’t be as willing to bother you again ! And that advice has saved my ass in many regions and Countries on my travels . 

We differ as to who is the bully.

11 minutes ago, Hal said:

So , now I see that your are in support of terrorists And an anti Semite …. Wow , how lucky you are to have the right to your opinion eh ?!  
And I would beg to differ on Hamas being freedom fighters as that would be a misnomer . Freedom fighters don’t use women and children as human shields that makes them nothing but Cowards ( bullies if you will … but you won’t) in addition these human shields are the very people they say they trying to gain Freedom for . 
In closing I would opine that I could find a better descriptor than you for Israel but if “ nasty “ is your choice then yes … and  so is a nest of hornets when you kill their Young . 

Have you been to Israel?  I have, and it is the one country out of 90 I have been to that I will not go back to. I am not an anti-Semite; I am anti-Israeli. Remember that Arabs are also Semites. The Jews who settled in land stolen from Palestine are quite  likely not even Semites.  They tend to be eastern Europeans with absolutely no claim to the so-called Holy Land.

10 minutes ago, Elizabeth Whitehouse said:

We differ as to who is the bully.

Oh Definitely! But as former Military , and proud of it , I could never agree to disagree with an Anti Semite let alone a terrorist sympathizer…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hal said:

Oh Definitely! But as former Military , and proud of it , I could never agree to disagree with an Anti Semite let alone a terrorist sympathizer…

Being in the military is nothing to be proud of. Worse if you can't read. I have said that I am not an anti-Semite (because Palestinians are as Semitic as Jews); I am anti-Israeli.

3 minutes ago, Elizabeth Whitehouse said:

Have you been to Israel?  I have, and it is the one country out of 90 I have been to that I will not go back to. I am not an anti-Semite; I am anti-Israeli. Remember that Arabs are also Semites. The Jews who settled in land stolen from Palestine are quite  likely not even Semites.  They tend to be eastern Europeans with absolutely no claim to the so-called Holy Land.

Thank you for the History lesson as much as it isn’t needed , but needs to be remembered so as not to be repeated. And I believe that your Worldly travels were of a much different nature than mine . So , you are Anti Israeli which makes you Anti Jew ? No I suppose …

1 minute ago, Hal said:

Thank you for the History lesson as much as it isn’t needed , but needs to be remembered so as not to be repeated. And I believe that your Worldly travels were of a much different nature than mine . So , you are Anti Israeli which makes you Anti Jew ? No I suppose …

Anti-Israeli does not make me anti-Jew. As the saying goes, some of my best friends are Jews. And some are Christians. I do not hold misguided beliefs against anyone.