Twin Tiers Living

"What Is 'Project 2025' And Why Is It Alarming?"

What, exactly, is Project 2025?

Simply put, Project 2025 is a massive, 920-page document that outlines exactly what the next Trump presidency would look like. This doesn’t just include policy proposals — like immigration actions, educational proposals and economic plans — but rather a portrait of the America that conservatives hope to implement in the next Republican administration, be it Trump or someone else. The document is a thorough blueprint for how, exactly, to carry out such a vision, through recommendations for key White House staff, cabinet positions, Congress, federal agencies, commissions and boards. The plan goes so far as to outline a vetting process for appointing and hiring the right people in every level of government to carry out this vision. 

The opening essay of the plan, written by Heritage Project President Kevin D. Roberts, succinctly summarizes the goal of Project 2025: a promise to make America a conservative nation. To do so, the next presidential administration should focus on four “broad fronts that will decide America’s future.”

Those four fronts include:

• Restore the family as the centerpiece of American life and protect our children.
  • Dismantle the administrative state and return self-governance to the American people.
  • Defend our nation’s sovereignty, borders, and bounty against global threats.
  • Secure our God-given individual rights to live freely—what our Constitution calls “the Blessings of Liberty.”

The rest of the document sketches out, in detail, how the next Republican administration can execute their goals on these four fronts. That includes comprehensive outlines on what the White House and every single federal agency should do to overhaul its goals and day-to-day operations — from the Department of Agriculture to the Department of Defense, Small Business Administration and Financial Regulatory Agencies. Every sector of the executive branch has a detailed plan in Project 2025 that explains how it can carry out an ultra-conservative agenda. 

Read more here.

Another article along those same lines:

NEW YORK (AP) — The leader of a conservative think tank orchestrating plans for a massive overhaul of the federal government in the event of a Republican presidential win said that the country is in the midst of a “second American Revolution” that will be bloodless “if the left allows it to be.”

Heritage Foundation President Kevin Roberts made the comments Tuesday on Steve Bannon’s “War Room” podcast, adding that Republicans are “in the process of taking this country back.”

Source

And of course - Trump denys knowing anything about it...“I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal. Anything they do, I wish them luck, but I have nothing to do with them.” 

But that is impossible to believe when you see how closely his flunkies are involved in it's development:

'Meanwhile, over at the Republican National Committee, at least seven of the individuals tasked with overhauling the party’s platform in anticipation of Trump’s second term in office have connections to Project 2025 — starting with Russell Vought, who was director of the Office of Management and Budget during Trump’s administration. 

Today, Vought is policy director for the RNC’s 2024 platform committee. He was also the author of Project 2025’s chapter on the executive office of the president, outlining the policy priorities the next Republican president should seek to implement earliest in his administration.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've been keeping an eye on this for a couple months, and it's absolute insanity.

spacer.png

Edited by Andy

Sounds like a certain local politician’s wet dream. 

On 7/5/2024 at 9:00 PM, Chris said:

You mean the famous in his own mind Gary brinn who thinks only city residents deserve his time. But wants county sales tax 

• Like 2

On 7/5/2024 at 9:00 PM, Chris said:

It already happening 

9 hours ago, Briggs said:

You mean the famous in his own mind Gary brinn

He doesn’t strike me as very conservative 

16 hours ago, Chris said:

He doesn’t strike me as very conservative 

No, but he's just as unhinged. 

If y'all had his job how would you handle theses situations on a daily basis.

1 hour ago, Pvt Snowball said:

If y'all had his job how would you handle theses situations on a daily basis.

Let’s bring the conversation back around to the topic and keep it from flying too far off course.

On 7/5/2024 at 8:26 PM, Andy said:

I've been keeping an eye on this for a couple months, and it's absolute insanity.

spacer.png

should probably read it bit closer:

"Education pg 319 l Advancing education freedom. Empowering families to choose among a diverse set of education options is key to reform and improved outcomes,
and it can be achieved without establishing a new federal program. For example, portability of existing federal education spending to fund families directly or allowing federal tax credits to encourage voluntary contributions to K–12 education savings accounts managed by charitable nonprofits, could significantly advance education choice.

• l Providing education choice for “federal” children. Congress has a special responsibility to children who are connected to military families, who live in the District of Columbia, or who are members of sovereign tribes. Responsibility for serving these students should be housed in agencies that are already serving these families. l Restoring state and local control over education funding. As Washington begins to downsize its intervention in education, existing funding should be sent to states as grants over which they have full control,enabling states to put federal funding toward any lawful education purpose under state law
  • l Treating taxpayers like investors in federal student aid. Taxpayers should expect their investments in higher education to generate economic productivity. When the federal government lends money to individuals for a postsecondary education, taxpayers should expect those borrowers to repay.
  •  Protecting the federal student loan portfolio from predatory politicians. The new Administration must end the practice of acting like the federal student loan portfolio is a campaign fund to curry political support and votes. The new Administration must end abuses in the loan forgiveness programs. Borrowers should be expected to repay their loans.
  • Safeguarding civil rights. Enforcement of civil rights should be based on a proper understanding of those laws, rejecting gender ideology and critical race theory. As such, lawmakers should design legislation that prevents the theory from spreading discrimination.
  •  For K–12 systems under their jurisdiction, federal lawmakers should adopt proposals that say no individual should receive punishment or benefits based on the color of their skin.
  • Furthermore, school officials should not require students or teachers to believe that individuals are guilty or responsible for the actions of others based on race or ethnicity. Again, specifically for K–12 systems under federal authority,  Congress and the next Administration should support existing state and federal civil rights laws and add to such laws a prohibition on compelled speech. All families should be able to take their children’s taxpayer-funded education dollars to the education providers of their choosing— whether it be a public school or a private school."

•  

I could find nowhere in the section indicating that "teach Christian religious beliefs in public schools" unless of course one stretches the idea of portable education dollars to achieve that idea. in fact in regards to the education section, the claims in the graphic above, would make Stretch Armstrong cry Uncle. Given the steady decline of performance results of American students over the last 3 decades, perhaps it IS time to return education responsibility to the States and its families.

As for "cutting Social Security" the document does not address doing so in any manner. Heritage Foundation( responsible for P2025) has advocated for raising age for SS to 70, but Trump is on record as not being in favor of doing so.

there is a LOT of information in the pages, but folks should really take the time to actually read it; im sure some of the above claims may be supported in the reading, but a Mark Hamill Twitter post should not be taken as fact-based evidence of some nefarious scheme involving a potential Trump Presidency 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Adam said:

there is a LOT of information in the pages, but folks should really take the time to actually read it; im sure some of the above claims may be supported in the reading, but a Mark Hamill Twitter post should not be taken as fact-based evidence of some nefarious scheme involving a potential Trump Presidency

Thanks for taking the time to compare and contrast the actual text to the narrative that’s been going viral.

This is exactly why I’ve ignored this topic everywhere I’ve seen it. 

The entirety of the “news” coverage surrounding it is paraphrased “summaries” of what someone heard/read that someone else’s explanation and interpretation of the “conspiracy”. 

Let's face it, very few social media users will even click a link to a 200 word article to see the full context. It's so much easier to react to inflammatory headlines as if it's a full explanation. Forget the notion of researching a 900 page document. LOL

Also Let’s all stop and chuckle about the irony that many of the personalities who have spent several years mocking, ridiculing and marginalizing “conspiracy nuts” are the same ones offering dire warnings that the Heritage folks are orchestrating an intricate conspiracy that is somehow a credible plan to destroy the Constitution. 

Okay I will concede that section is bad - I had checked a couple of them before posting it but clearly didn't look enough. However, I am still very against this "plan" and have been for a long time, before it was even whispered in the MSM.

18 hours ago, Adam said:

I could find nowhere in the section indicating that "teach Christian religious beliefs in public schools"

I'm wondering if this is related to statements made by Russell Vought, Trump's former director of the Office of Management and Budget and Project 2025 contributor, who has stated "My own definition of "Christian nationalism" would be this: An orientation for engaging in the public square that recognizes America as a Christian nation, where our rights and duties are understood to come from God and where our primary responsibilities as citizens are for building and preserving the strength, prosperity and health of our own country. It is a commitment to an institutional separation between church and state, but not the separation of Christianity from its influence on government and society. It is a belief that our participation in the political system can lead to beneficial outcomes for our own communities, as well as individuals of all faiths." Not directly stating they'll have Christian teachings in public schools, but something that I am not for in any manner.

Here's a few things I am against, straight from the document:

The next conservative President must make the institutions of American civil
society hard targets for woke culture warriors. This starts with deleting the terms sexual orientation and gender identity (“SOGI”), diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”), gender, gender equality, gender equity, gender awareness, gender-sensitive, abortion, reproductive health, reproductive rights, and any other term used to deprive Americans of their First Amendment rights out of every federal rule, agency regulation, contract, grant, regulation, and piece of legislation that exists.

The CDC should immediately end its collection of data on gender identity, which legitimizes the unscientific notion that men can become women (and vice versa) and encourages the phenomenon of ever-multiplying subjective identities

The redefinition of sex [by Dept. of Health and Human Services] to cover gender identity and sexual orientation and pregnancy to cover abortion should be reversed in all HHS and CMS programs as
was done under the Trump Administration.

Repeal the federal labeling mandate: The USDA should work with Congress to repeal the federal labeling law, while maintaining federal preemption, and stress that voluntary labeling is allowed.

Policymakers should end taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood and all other abortion providers and redirect funding to health centers that provide real health care for women. The bulk of federal funding for Planned Parenthood comes through the Medicaid program. HHS should take two
actions to limit this funding:

1. Issue guidance reemphasizing that states are free to defund Planned
Parenthood in their state Medicaid plans.

2. Propose rulemaking to interpret the Medicaid statute to disqualify
providers of elective abortion from the Medicaid program.

The noxious tenets of “critical race theory” and “gender ideology” should be excised from curricula in every public school in the country. These theories poison our children, who are being taught on the one hand to affirm that the color of their skin fundamentally determines their identity and even their moral status while on the other they are taught to deny the very creatureliness that inheres in being
human and consists in accepting the givenness of our nature as men or women.

End the focus on climate change and green subsidies. Under the Biden Administration, [Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy] is a conduit for taxpayer dollars to fund progressive
policies, including decarbonization of the economy and renewable nresources. EERE has focused on reducing carbon dioxide emissions to
the exclusion of other statutorily defined requirements such as energy security and cost. For example, EERE’s five programmatic priorities
during the Biden Administration are all focused on decarbonization of the electricity sector, the industrial sector, transportation, buildings, and the
agricultural sector.

Like MsKreed said, it's fairly interpretation at this point. But the way I see things in this document? I don't want anything to do with it. If this stuff passes and it truly doesn't change anything, fine, everyone told me so! But from all the recent stuff with the "Supreme" Court, this whole election cycle, and extremism, it just feels so wrong to me, and doesn't seem like true improvements to government that they're trying to make it out to be, this "second American Revolution, which will remain bloodless if the left allows it to be"

(and now I step off the soapbox slightly cross-eyed}

• Like 1

I actually support abolishing the Department of Education.

It was a campaign promise during the Carter campaign to rally support from unions.....and it quickly became a monstrous contradiction of everything it was advertised to be:

image.png.535d2a2bfdb587319a2ef1eba64d43b8.png

(excerpt from an editorial column - Oct 26, 1979)

Since its creation, both K-12 and higher education costs per student (adjusted for real dollars) has increased exponentially. Meanwhile, public school student proficiency has steadily declined. And the student loan crisis is a result of the Dept of Education’s authority.

Eliminating the federal government's dictatorial power over every state and local educational decision, would alleviate both concerns mentioned above.....“school choice” funding issue that Adam mentioned and the prohibition of CRT & gender ideology. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 1:22 AM, Adam said:

I will admit to blowing it off as another “study” or another conspiracy theory , which quite frankly has me not engaging with well meaning folks and friends that keep up on such . But on discussion with the wife giving me some highlights this morning I need to read or at least give a concerted effort to understanding it for myself and decide . 

• Like 1

WASHINGTON (AP) — Russell Vought sounds like a general marshaling troops for combat when he talks about taming a “woke and weaponized” federal government. 

He recently described political opposition as “enemy fire that’s coming over the target,” while urging allies to be “fearless at the point of attack” and calling his policy proposals “battle plans.”

If former President Donald Trump wins a second term in November, Vought may get the opportunity to go on the offensive.

A chief architect of Project 2025 — the controversial conservative blueprint to remake the federal government — Vought is likely to be appointed to a high-ranking post in a second Trump administration. And he’s been drafting a so-far secret “180-Day Transition Playbook” to speed the plan’s implementation to avoid a repeat of the chaotic start that dogged Trump’s first term.

Read more here. 

Is there a reason this wasn't combined with the other Project 2025 topic? 

Seems like the overlap could be confusing. 

23 hours ago, MsKreed said:

Is there a reason this wasn't combined with the other Project 2025 topic? 

Seems like the overlap could be confusing. 

Because I'm an idiot.

Fixed it. 😁

If any of this comes to light and by chance this orange clown wins your white America is doomed not only for POC but for the poor whites will suffer the last thing the reps need so vote for Harris even if don't agree with her she better then the plan they have been and trying out for. 

#saveourdemocorcy

Project 2025 is available to read on-line.  I’m about a third of the way through.  All I will say is don’t go by what any other “expert” says.  Read it then decide for yourself what it is and how, if true, it will affect this country and democracy.

4 hours ago, Pvt Snowball said:

f any of this comes to light and by chance this orange clown wins your white America is doomed not only for POC but for the poor whites will suffer the last thing the reps need so vote for Harris even if don't agree with her she better then the plan they have been and trying out for.

And Bammm , another Color is added to your list lol . Orange Clown versus Black idiot … damn I w ish this election Circus was over !

Black idiot do you want to tell us how you really feel?

Try , again , to understand the context !  You mentioned “ orange Clown “ and I countered with “ “ black idiot “ i’m just playing Your Color Game . To explain further , that IS how I really feel ? I don’t give a rates ass what color you or any other person may be , I treat everyone the Same ! Had you just left it with “ clown “ I would have left it at “idiot “ everyone would have understood the reference . 

Black idiot do you want to tell us how you really feel?

And again … stop with the race baiting , it doesn’t make for interesting discussion, quite the opposite…