TTL News

BREAKING NEWS: Governor Cuomo Announces Resignation

Starting with a defiant tone as he addressed the people of New York state this morning at 11:45 am, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that he will resign in fourteen days.

Cuomo continues to say his intentions were misunderstood, and that his instinct is to stay and fight. However, citing the potential for a prolonged process and political rancor, he said his resignation is what's best for the state. 

"This situation by its current trajectory will generate months of political and legal controversy. That is what is going to happen. That is how the political wind is blowing. It will consume government. It will cost taxpayers millions of dollars," he said. 

"New York tough means New York loving, and I love New York, and I love you. I would never want to be unhelpful in any way."

Cuomo went on to list his accomplishments as governor, and praised the people of New York for their response to the pandemic. He also apologized to his own daughters saying, "...your Dad made a mistake."

Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul will take over as acting governor of New York State. Hochul, 62, will be the state's first female governor.

Not gonna lie, although he is the worst Gov ever, I have some concerns about her. She seems to lean very progressive and I don't consider that a good thing.

16 minutes ago, KarenK said:

Not gonna lie, although he is the worst Gov ever, I have some concerns about her. She seems to lean very progressive and I don't consider that a good thing.

I'mma bet money she's about the most googled person in the US right now 😆🤣

As for her politics, sounds like she's the type who "evolves" to appease constituents.....

She apparently visits all 62 New York counties on at least an annual basis, with Politico previously calling her “a presence at every ribbon-cutting, baby-kissing, axe-throwing event the state has to offer.” Apparently, if you invite Kathy Hochul to make an appearance at your event, you should count on her showing up. Politico briefly catalogues a handful of her pit stops:

A group of physicists working on synchrotron radiation instrumentation? Sure. 

The AppleUmpkin Festival in Wyoming County, where there are famously more cows than people? Of course. 

A new brewery? A coworking space in a beleaguered downtown corridor? Anything — literally anything — aimed at advancing women in the workplace? Absolutely.

It’s that last one that’s probably most important here. Hochul spearheaded the administration’s campaign against campus sexual violence, and on her website, notes that she “prioritizes being a voice for all women.” She has purportedly shifted away from some of her earlier, right-leaning positions: As Erie County clerk, for example, she worked with local law enforcement in architecting a plan to have undocumented immigrants arrested if they applied for driver’s licenses, but in 2018, said she had changed her mind. 

(SOURCE)

Interesting. The dirt diggers are probably already hard at work. Can't wait to watch.

I think she will be a new face that will try to enforce the same type of mandates and lockdowns!   Her only saving grace is that she is from upstate and hopefully she will be as attentive to our needs as well as downstate!  on another note this pretty much ensures Prince Andrew will not be held accountable for the nursing home deaths his policies caused!   

3 hours ago, TwinTiersLiving said:

he said his resignation is what's best for the state

I think these are the truest words he has ever said!

• Like 1

Politicians and the media are now questioning why he gave 2 weeks notice. It only takes 1 day to resign.  

Some think it's because he doesn't have anywhere to go. His ex wife got the house in the divorce and sold it. 

He gave us 2 weeks to stop the spread in March 2020.  Perhaps he is giving himself wiggle room

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I guess you don't need eyesight to spot "someone I would never trust."

Paterson said he requested a five-day transition period in order to prepare for his own inauguration after Spitzer said he’d step down in wake of a prostitution scandal. But, he argued, Hochul likely doesn’t need much, if any time, for the transition given the months she’s had to prepare since Cuomo’s scandals first came to light.

“I think in the case of Lt. Gov. Hochul, she has been aware that this situation could occur since March — since the investigation began. So, I think as she was sort of hinting yesterday, she’s ready to take over right now,” he said. “I just think the governor has just not resolved in his mind what’s actually going on yet and his self-awareness just does not seem to be particularly helpful to him at this particular time.”

• Like 2

He might be more deranged than we realized.

I really hope SOMEONE THIS DELUSIONAL can refrain from passing any dangerous EOs in the next 10 days.

“I feel like I did the right thing. I did the right thing for the state,” Cuomo told New York Magazine of his decision to resign. “I’m not gonna drag the state through the mud, through a three-month, four-month impeachment, and then win, and have made the State Legislature and the state government look like a ship of fools.”

(Now tell me you can't 'hear' Trump's voice while you're reading that quote)

• Haha 1

HE LEFT HIS HUSKY!   HUSKYS ARE NOT PETS, THEY ARE COMPANIONS!  AND HE LEFT HIS!  I AM SORRY FOR SHOUTING BUT HE LEFT HIS DOG!  THAT MADE ME JUST SICK!  (caps lock off) 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mahatma said:

HE LEFT HIS HUSKY!   HUSKYS ARE NOT PETS, THEY ARE COMPANIONS!  AND HE LEFT HIS!  I AM SORRY FOR SHOUTING BUT HE LEFT HIS DOG!  THAT MADE ME JUST SICK!  (caps lock off) 

SHOUT IT OUT … IT WAS A DICK MOVE , FROM A DICK ! 

• Like 2

I just realized: He’s no longer Governor.

First thing Hochul should do if she wants to help this state is repeal that stupid bail reform law.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mahatma said:

Yeah he is a real POS I read that this morning. Use the poor pup for photo ops and abandon him.

Did Captain maybe refuse to go with him?

Dogs are good judges of character

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MsKreed said:

Did Captain maybe refuse to go with him?

Dogs are good judges of character

The story is he was going on vacation and cant take the dog. 

7 hours ago, Chris said:

OK.  But he no longer lives there?  Perhaps a kennel?

7 hours ago, Chris said:

LOL

RIIIIIGHT....how many dead-beat Dad's went for a pack of smokes and still haven't come back?