Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

She-Hulk Attorney at Law

Got a chance to watch the first 2 episodes today and I can say they are pretty good. I like it when shows break the 4th wall and She Hulk does it a lot, just like in the comics. 

I wouldn't say it's a stellar show, but it's fun to watch.

ive really tried to give it a fair go....the 4th wall thing really only seems to work well with deadpool. i think some of it has to do with HOW she hulk does it, doesnt seem to fit well.

also, the HULK seems to have been severely pussified in this series, normally wouldnt bug me too much but i think what makes it so bad is that i think its done in order to amplify the "girl-power" aspect. took Banner YEARS to get to level of understanding/controlling the HULK and here she does it in a matter of days and better than he could? this along with the incessant woman in a white hetero male world social justice commentary just is a turn off 

i watch movies for the entertainment value, not to be preached at on ANY level....just put on your hat and dance monkey

• Like 2

At first this looked interesting to me, but honestly I've been in no hurry to give it a look. 

As for The Hulk, my issues with his path popped up in Endgame. What made The Hulk awesome was the complete instability and volatility. So for Banner to suddenly get that side of him under control and meld the better parts of the two into a "new Hulk" was stupid then. The character is no longer interesting because that conflict is completely gone. 

Now whether it was done because of "toxic masculinity bad" or it's a storyline that showed up in a comic somewhere, I don't know. And honestly I don't care. The whole character is ruined by it. 

Agreed. The politically correct narrative in almost all entertainment is getting insane, and seems to be polluting the action hero genre more than most lately. 

Didn't Batgirl get 86'ed because test audiences soundly rejected that trend?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MsKreed said:

Didn't Batgirl get 86'ed because test audiences soundly rejected that trend?

It did perform poorly with test audiences I think, but WB is spinning it as a financial decision, saying it wasn't good enough to invest millions in promotions. it's so strange how DC can't live up to the level of Marvel.

Then again, all I can think of is that cringe inducing "Don't worry, she's got help" scene in Marvels Endgame:

Honestly, I've never seen Captain Marvel. Not because out of misogyny, but because Bri Larson's portrayal of the character is as stiff and uninteresting as it can possibly be. 

I can't wrap my head around the bizarre argument that we "need" diversity and representation so people (especially youth) that don't fit white, hetero, cis, male, (yada, yada, etc) standard will feel that they have a more realistic chance of aspiring to the protagonists' position. 

That's a lot more rational if we're talking about Cosby portraying a black doctor and a black female lawyer. But "realistic" aspirations aren't really a factor in super hero stories.

Banner's race or gender have no bearing on the fantastical fiction that made him the Hulk.  Is that alleged lack of diversity really what's holding those kids back from being Thor? Or the fact that they aren't Norse gods from Asgard????

I suppose if there’s a comics origin to it that makes it a little more bearable.

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

The smart hulk story line is from the comics. It is a really interesting storyline, but the. MCU will never follow it fully. 

She Hulk again is from the comics. She has always been able to control her powers at will. 

https://www.filmsnewsfeed.com/article/10-things-only-marvel-comics-fans-know-about-smart-hulk/amp

thta was a known, what makes it worse is the subtle/not-so-subtle girl-power/men suck theme....remember the NYC battle, the things the hulk did, to now where a 4x4 jeep baffles him and a half-sized lady-hulk practically kick his ass....granted Hulk-Bruce could have been pulling punches.

yes i realize we are debating fictional characters( the comic nerd in me cannot resist) but the SJW ruins many a story

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

The smart hulk story line is from the comics. It is a really interesting storyline, but the. MCU will never follow it fully. 

She Hulk again is from the comics. She has always been able to control her powers at will. 

https://www.filmsnewsfeed.com/article/10-things-only-marvel-comics-fans-know-about-smart-hulk/amp

And now Hulk is basically a star ship piloted by Bruce Banner who uses the Hulks rage to provide power. Very cool story line that even involved Hulk basically exploding like a giant gamma bomb and providing enough gamma radiation to turn Thor into Thor Hulk.  Actually a really good story line.

I say no thanks to She Hulk. Comics never interested me so its a big no to the show.

I figured since Disney+ only does 6 episodes of anything, it would be a good time-waster. 

I have to say, I think maybe the comedy makes the lecturing a lot more tolerable?  For instance, the serious nature and 'believability' of the constant propaganda in dramatic/realistic settings made "New Amsterdam" infinitely more unwatchable than this was. 

43 minutes ago, MsKreed said:

New Amsterdam" infinitely more unwatchable than this was. 

Talk about "unwatchable."

1 hour ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Kelly watches that show and its so horrible 

Try it with a medical education and background.

As for She-Hulk, I'll maybe take a look at it some time, but I'm in no big tizzy over it. 

1 hour ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Kelly watches that show and its so horrible 

I really liked some of the characters and medical/ethical dilemmas they faced....and tried really hard to give it a fair shake.

Even after one 40 minute episode hammered out at least four "social justice" screeds halfway through season one, I hung in there until few episodes of season two before finally giving up.

I could have maybe ignored an occasional progressive plot. Even one per episode might have been tolerable. 

Seriously, it played out like The Onion had scripted it.....Iggy's, already homophobic, parents showed their xenophobic colors by spurning his Muslim children. Meanwhile a white prison guard was abusing a minority Riker's inmate. And just for good measure, we also heard about the dire threat that climate change could thaw out extinct diseases that modern medicine will be helpless against. 

• Like 1

We watched the first three episodes last night. And while I wouldn't say it's bad, I wouldn't say it's great either. 

The bathroom scene in the first episode with the other women was a writing nightmare. In an attempt to pacify everyone, it was, "Girl, he can't get away with that. Or she. Or they."

Give me a break. It could have just as easily been written as "they" ( and covered ALL pronoun preferences, not and yet to come ) or "no one" and it would have sufficed. It jumped right off the screen though and felt out of place. 

The fourth wall breaks? Yeah, they worked for Deadpool, not so much on this one, and again, it feels forced. A voice over to the flashback would have worked better. I have to admit though, in Ep. 3 where she looks at the camera and says, "Tying plot A and B together, nice!" or something like that, it did make me chuckle a little. 

Overall, I'm not 100% sold on this one, but I wouldn't say it sucks. We'll watch it, if only to see what happens to Bruce. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 10:31 AM, Chris said:

Try it with a medical education and background.

As for She-Hulk, I'll maybe take a look at it some time, but I'm in no big tizzy over it. 

No education needed to know the show is full of crap. 

On 9/3/2022 at 10:57 AM, MsKreed said:

I really liked some of the characters and medical/ethical dilemmas they faced....and tried really hard to give it a fair shake.

Even after one 40 minute episode hammered out at least four "social justice" screeds halfway through season one, I hung in there until few episodes of season two before finally giving up.

I could have maybe ignored an occasional progressive plot. Even one per episode might have been tolerable. 

Seriously, it played out like The Onion had scripted it.....Iggy's, already homophobic, parents showed their xenophobic colors by spurning his Muslim children. Meanwhile a white prison guard was abusing a minority Riker's inmate. And just for good measure, we also heard about the dire threat that climate change could thaw out extinct diseases that modern medicine will be helpless against. 

The only thing I was waiting for New Amsterdam to solve was Global warming but maybe that is an upcoming season.

7 hours ago, Chris said:

We'll watch it, if only to see what happens to Bruce. 

probably a hulk-sized, pink vagina hat the way things are going

Well since you brought up clothing ( sort of ), Bruce Banner ends up naked when he stops being the Hulk, but She-Hulks clothing somehow managed to stay together save for a sleeve or two?

I turned to the missus and noted, “That’s one hell of a bra she’s wearing.”

13 hours ago, Chris said:

My ignorance of comics is definitely showing 🤣

It's understandable, they have so many comic universes and so many different story lines. I only keep up with what's going on by watching different videos on YouTube and such. 

• Like 1

The last 2 episodes were really good.  Lots of fun times. Bruce even comes back with a surprise from the comics 

Been meaning to watch it, now that the internet hate train has shifted to other things like The Little Mermaid I’ve heard much more positive things about the show

• Like 1