Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Unpopular Opinion

Stolen directly from the pages of reddit, here's a place to air your opinion that goes against what the majority of people out there think. 

Do you think Miracle Whip is better than Hellman's Mayonnaise? Do you think cats are superior to dogs? That chocolate is nasty? Let's hear it!

I'll start:

French fries dipped in mayonnaise is delicious.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Chris said:

I'll start:

French fries dipped in mayonnaise is delicious.  

No Miracle Whip for me.  Agree about the French fries except I add a touch of ketchup to the Hellman’s Mayo for mt French fries.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

ketchup AND mustard for hotdogs

A big NO to ketchup lol.

Catcher In The Rye was a steaming pile of crap.

Here’s one I was thinking about yesterday:

I think DWI laws are disproportionately enforced and punished than many others, especially in states with Bail Reform type laws.

Get arrested for a weapons charge, some violent crime ( short of rape or murder ), burglary, etc. and you can plea it down, maybe get probation or a fine. Be a good boy or girl for that period and you’re good to go. Repeat offender? You’re still likely going to be able to get off lightly.

Get pulled over after a few drinks, blow a .08, you are screwed. Huge fines, lose your license, surcharges and insurance rate increases that follow you for years. And maybe with a good lawyer you can plea it down, but I’ve never heard of anyone doing so. 

Do it twice in a lifetime? That last one still counts against you and the punishment compounds.

Im not saying it’s okay to do, but I’m thinking that the consequences are far more heavily enacted, and likely because it’s a great moneymaker for the state.

• Like 1

From my experience working in the Court, a first DWI was usually always reduces to a DWAI.  I also saw second DWI’s reduced, rarely, but it was done.  I remember one time a DWI(misdemeanor) was reduced to DWAI then that charge was reduced to a speeding charge.  I remember speaking up and reminding all involved that VTL 1192 charges could not be reduced out of that section of law.  But what did I know, I was just the Court Clerk.

56 minutes ago, Chris said:

Im not saying it’s okay to do, but I’m thinking that the consequences are far more heavily enacted, and likely because it’s a great moneymaker for the state.

Without defending drunk driving, I have to say you’re not wrong that enforcement and consequences are unfair in comparison to other crimes, like gun laws.

Especially when you consider that as constitutionally questionable as some “prior restraint” gun laws are.....DWI laws are essentially just as (if not more) “preemptive”. Traffic blockades are set up to 'fish' for drivers who are not violating any traffic rules, and whose actions have not "yet" caused any harm.  Not much different than SAFE laws that assume someone with 10 bullets in their magazine will presumably do something dangerous later. 

It can be argued that, in some cases, DWI laws lack due process since driver’s license can be immediately revoked for refusing a test, and stay revoked even if a defendant is later acquitted. The only reason that’s allowed is because it’s a “privilege” to drive – but in NYS lawmakers have decided it’s a human right for illegal immigrants?

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 1:51 PM, Chris said:

I'll start:

French fries dipped in mayonnaise is 

🤮🤢

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ars76 said:

🤮🤢

You have to add a bit of ketchup to the mayonnaise like the do in Belgium.

I like to dip my fries in sour cream or French Onion dip.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

You have to add a bit of ketchup to the mayonnaise like the do in Belgium.

Just mayo works for me. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ars76 said:

🤮🤢

Hattie McDaniel Looks Surprised (formerly a GIF) | Funny gif ...

Bwahaaa … i see what you did there Adam LOL! The old fruit in the tossed salad debate … 

• Like 1

There’s no debate, he’s just wrong. Fruit, particularly apples and berries, combined with a good vinegar based dressing, works well in a salad.

He doesn’t like crunchy things in macaroni salad either lol.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chris said:

There’s no debate, he’s just wrong. Fruit, particularly apples and berries, combined with a good vinegar based dressing, works well in a salad.

LOL , like raisins in oatmeal right ? 

Edited by Hal

17 hours ago, Ann said:

Generally no they do not. However I did have 1 mac salad that had carrots in it and that was pretty good

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 8:27 PM, Hal said:

Bwahaaa … i see what you did there Adam LOL! The old fruit in the tossed salad debate … 

On 4/11/2024 at 8:48 PM, Chris said:

Nope, nope, nope...thats like putting salt on watermelon or syrup on corn-fritters and sausage

On 4/11/2024 at 8:58 PM, Ann said:

Well theres nothing worse than expecting one texture, then suddenly experiencing the ear piercing crunch of a finely chopped(poorly hidden) onion

Im amost thinking we Should just change the topic to "Adam's Opinions" instead? lol

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Adam said:

Nope, nope, nope...thats like putting salt on watermelon or syrup on corn-fritters and sausage

Well theres nothing worse than expecting one texture, then suddenly experiencing the ear piercing crunch of a finely chopped(poorly hidden) onion

Im amost thinking we Should just change the topic to "Adam's Opinions" instead? lol

I have a feeling it would be an interesting topic lol.

There they go … picking on the middle child again …. still ! 😂 

16 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Generally no they do not. However I did have 1 mac salad that had carrots in it and that was pretty good

As long as the carrots aren’t stringy . Chopped small is good . 

9 hours ago, Adam said:

…or syrup on corn-fritters and sausage

You don’t like maple syrup on your breakfast sausage?!?

I was obviously adopted. Or you were.

• Haha 1