Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

Chemung County Republican Committee Disloyalty Report

POS should receive a public reprimand from the County Legislature as well

• Like 2

The term “disloyalty” seems like an understatement.

It seems more like flat out “misconduct” and I wonder if they’re possibly subject to criminal charges for interference with a lawful election process.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 5:53 PM, MsKreed said:

The term “disloyalty” seems like an understatement.

For real. 

Before things on here STB, I believe it was explained that anyone can carry petitions for a candidate in their party ( please correct me if I'm wrong. ) My question is, at least the one I can remember right now, is, why go through the trouble to carry a petition, get, I believe it was 20 pages of signatures, and then not turn them in?!? Is it malicious intent to stymie a candidate deemed "unfit" ( not conservative enough, not "Christian" enough, whatever stupid reason ) or a simple case of gross incompetence?

I can't say for sure, but I also cannot fathom a county legislator on his fourth term thinking that it's perfectly acceptable to just throw them away. 

44 minutes ago, Chris said:

For real. 

Before things on here STB, I believe it was explained that anyone can carry petitions for a candidate in their party ( please correct me if I'm wrong. ) My question is, at least the one I can remember right now, is, why go through the trouble to carry a petition, get, I believe it was 20 pages of signatures, and then not turn them in?!? Is it malicious intent to stymie a candidate deemed "unfit" ( not conservative enough, not "Christian" enough, whatever stupid reason ) or a simple case of gross incompetence?

I can't say for sure, but I also cannot fathom a county legislator on his fourth term thinking that it's perfectly acceptable to just throw them away. 

It's usually 20 signatures per page, not 20 pages. And I have idea why they would get them and then toss them. If I don't like the candidate I just get them signatures. 

Seems weird to congratulate him for getting the signatures, only to throw them out....

(maybe someone can comment and ask about it - LOL)

image.png.4751d917d363968cab40a837b2f28bab.png

Edited by MsKreed
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MsKreed said:

In his fifth term

I stand corrected. 😉

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

It's usually 20 signatures per page, not 20 pages.

X 2!! 🤣

its a curious thing: Chairman Brennan was "asked by Committee person Laurey" to destroy the documents?

one would think it would be a top down request instead as well as being Chair, Brennan certainly had to know the alleged request was unethical if not illegal.

• Like 1

Yeah there's a whole lot that doesn't make sense about this. 

Any mea culpas from either Laurey or Brennan that anyone knows of?

Someone sent me a screen shot they saw about this on Facebook. I don't understand their motivation or how they thought like they could get away with it!

• Like 1

he should not limit that sentiment to establishment Repubs....essentially any SANE person views him like that

not for nothin' but the kid does remind of him quite a bit

• Like 1

Has anything more ever come out of this? Seems by now we’d have heard about a lawsuit. Perhaps someone decided to take his medicine and lay low?

I’m beginning to wonder if Republicans really want to win anything.

On 10/17/2023 at 9:26 PM, Chris said:

Has anything more ever come out of this? Seems by now we’d have heard about a lawsuit. Perhaps someone decided to take his medicine and lay low?

There was a full report given at the republican committee meeting on 11/8. Both Joe and Art have a life time ban from the committee and the report has been sent to the state election board. 

• Like 3

If the determination was just a couple weeks ago, then it's still possible that he'll be filing one of his lawsuits.