Twin Tiers Living

Customers Pack M&M Red Hots On Reopening

Thats a great turn out! The comments I've seen are all positive as well. 

I saw someone, I think the City Of Elmira Facebook page, posted a pic of the menu:

Screen Shot 2024-07-10 at 9.03.52 AM.png

• Like 1

I can not wait to go down and get one.  I might have to leave work early one day unless they start Sat hours again.

46 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

respectable prices considering what some of these places are charging for a hot dog.

I was curious and looked. Adjusted for inflation, it's right on target for those people who remember paying under a buck for one back in the day.

I will wait a while to go, once the crowds fie down. Hopefully they have a card machine by then. 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I was curious and looked. Adjusted for inflation, it's right on target for those people who remember paying under a buck for one back in the day.

I would be willing to give them a 2nd chance at those prices. I gave BC 2 chances and both times the meat sauce was bland. 

20 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I would be willing to give them a 2nd chance at those prices. I gave BC 2 chances and both times the meat sauce was bland. 

You were not a fan of M&Ms?

14 minutes ago, KarenK said:

You were not a fan of M&Ms?

No tried them a few years ago when the current people took over (family of some sort don't really care who they are.) I talked them up to a fellow food junky and took him down to try them and the meat sauce was bland and was a waste of a trip. 

The best Hot dog this area had in the recent years was Dog eat Dog in Horseheads. Even after he closed Dane would not share the meat sauce recipe.

Mcconnells is bad 

BC is bad

Ill be fair and give M&Ms another shot. 

Just now, Zapp Brannigan said:

No tried them a few years ago when the current people took over (family of some sort don't really care who they are.) I talked them up to a fellow food junky and took him down to try them and the meat sauce was bland and was a waste of a trip. 

The best Hot dog this area had in the recent years was Dog eat Dog in Horseheads. Even after he closed Dane would not share the meat sauce recipe.

Mcconnells is bad 

BC is bad

Ill be fair and give M&Ms another shot. 

Where is McConnells?  I thought he died a few years ago.  I don't care for B&C and never heard of Dog eat Dog.  The family that owns M & M's is the same one that has for 30 years.  lol.  No one new.  Just moves from generation to generation

29 minutes ago, KarenK said:

Where is McConnells?  I thought he died a few years ago.  I don't care for B&C and never heard of Dog eat Dog.  The family that owns M & M's is the same one that has for 30 years.  lol.  No one new.  Just moves from generation to generation

He did die. Central Hots used to be the best, then this new guy bought it and ruined it. 

17 hours ago, KarenK said:

Yeah just because they are family doesn't mean they can make the same recipes. Generally the first thing "new" people do to an established business is try to cut costs by changing things. Like I said I knew it was family of some sort but just don't care how they are related. 

Sorry you missed out on Dog Eat Dog all those other hot dog places are complete garbage compared to what he used to serve. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Sorry you missed out on Dog Eat Dog all those other hot dog places are complete garbage compared to what he used to serve. 

Yep Dog eat Dog hots were hands down the best as well as the other offerings. Now don’t get me wrong here because M&M was our go to all those years ago working at KV , but over time the flavor just wasn’t there any longer !