Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

The Official Super Bowl LVI Thread

Here's the place for all things Super Bowl related. 

Who were you rooting for, or did you even care? Were the commercials good? How about the Half Time show?

I would have loved to see Buffalo make it to the Super Bowl. And while I know it will earn me the ire of Bills fans, I would have cheered Kansas City because they seem to be a team with class. But since neither is in it, I don't really care and will just root for whoever the underdog is. 

Hopefully the halftime show doesn't suck. I know a lot of people are salty because of who's in it, but get over it folks, blacks and hip-hop are are part of our culture. And besides, you can't go wrong with Snoop, Dre, and Mary J. Blige. 

Rumor has it a trailer for "Kenobi" will drop tonight. I pray this is true and will rejoice if so. 

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

The halftime show is what I am waiting for….

And it did NOT disappoint.

• Like 1

The game: Not bad. You had two pretty well matched teams going head to head. I'd like to have seen Cincinnati win it, but I wasn't invested in it either way. 

The ads: Talk about "meh". There were a couple that gave me a laugh, but otherwise I thought they were boring. And a lot of us expected a trailer drop for "Kenobi" and didn't get it.

Half-time show: As previously stated, this was perhaps the highlight of the event. Dre looked great for having been hospitalized last year for an aneurysmHe looked like he was genuinely having fun. 

And as expected, some people had a cow about the choice of music. Well I'm here to tell you, after being treated to someone telling me "they are taking over everything" and stupid comments like this on social media...

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 9.27.50 AM.png

...I'm even more tired of people than normal. 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

As previously stated, this was perhaps the highlight of the event.

As someone who appreciates classic cars.....this was unforgivable

image.png.809465dc0a355fd5317515d7bd0f6c9f.png

Kendrick Lamar was my favorite part of the Halftime Show, but they were all phenomenal!

As for complaints about the half time show, what if it’s simply a matter of not liking that type of music.  I don’t like rap, could never stand the music by heavy metal bands and don’t get me started on the country music of the 1960’s.  Hubby will tell you how I feel about bluegrass, the whinny stuff lol.  A good show has variety so maybe the people complaining just don’t care for that style of music. 

i think was more the "flow" than the genre...can never go wrong with Dre/snoop(does an awesome Crip-walk). it just seemed kind of like the half-time equivalent of the GOT final season

The funniest thing I heard was they has Kendrick Lamar there so the old people could catch their breath.  And if you haven't seen the footage of 50 cent getting into position it was sight. All the people saying he looks like $1.50 now forget they don't look the same as they did when he first got popular.

3 hours ago, Ann said:

what if it’s simply a matter of not liking that type of music.

Then that would be fine, although I would still say “tough”. Just because YOU ( in the general sense, not you personally ) don’t like something doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be on television for others.

But look at the comments on social media.  That comment I posted above is not unique. Hell, the comments I’ve heard first hand! It’s not because of the music, it’s because of who was performing it and the color of the skin.

Its beyond sad that some people can’t see someone different than themselves on TV for fifteen friggin’ minutes and not make an issue out of it. 

2 hours ago, Adam said:

snoop(does an awesome Crip-walk). 

I was reading they asked him not to wear the colors, crip-walk or throw gang signs. Of course he did all three.

They asked Eminem to not kneel. Of course he did.

They asked Dre to not say something about the police.Riiiighhht.

And honestly, despite all the pearl clutching I wouldn’t expect any different. 

• Like 1

Icecube put a warning out to all the rappers showing up to not be stupid. I guess a couple of them were shot or shot at. 

Screenshot_20220214-201849.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

Icecube put a warning out to all the rappers showing up to not be stupid. I guess a couple of them were shot or shot at. 

I don't know what a crip walk is and not a big fan of the genre.

But I'm pretty sure IceCube is a different guy than IceT.

Edited by MsKreed

34 minutes ago, MsKreed said:

I don't know what a crip walk is and not a big fan of the genre.

Cripwalk Dance GIF - Cripwalk Dance Celebration GIFsSnoop Dogg Crip Walk GIF - Snoop Dogg Crip Walk Crip Walk Dance GIFs

yes ice cube is from Friday franchise/NWA....Ice-T Law and order

Cube would have been better fit for the Half-time show over fitty-cent imho

1 hour ago, MsKreed said:

Oops, I typed the wrong Ice. Lol at least I didn't call him crushed.  

4 hours ago, Adam said:

Snoop Dogg Crip Walk GIF - Snoop Dogg Crip Walk Crip Walk Dance GIFs

Looks like a dance even I could learn. But then it occurred to me:

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 12.28.16 PM.png

• Like 1