Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Nostalgia Lane

This will be an open chat thread for anyone ( although let's be honest, it'll mostly be Chris ) to wax nostalgic. 

A song, a commercial, a TV show or product you remember fondly, or have seen reference to and it jogged your memory? Tell us about it, and maybe you're not the only one who remembers it!

80's kids, how many theme songs can you remember from this Saturday morning cartoon lineup?

Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 10.22.35 AM.png

I can remember four: Muppet Babies, Pole Position, Pryor's Place, and Dungeons & Dragons.

1960 Country TV , and not the weather channel ! 

IMG_1129.jpeg

Edited by Hal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

last time we got a bike for aiden, putting that foam handlebar-pad in place reminds me of our BMX bikes, jumping the ditches, the "track" down in the pines on Courtright's.

the other day, the smell of leaves reminded me of when folks would rake them up, either in small piles or out to the side of road and burn them off, or the big piles we jumped in...to this day cannot resist kicking my feet through any collection of leaves for the noise it makes

• Like 1

I remember the eat at counters in Woolworth’s,  I think Newbury’s had one too.  Both stores were on West Water Street in Elmira when there was an actual downtown.

I remember the cafe thing at KMart, and the one at McCrorys at the Mall. Aunt C. and I would have lunch there when she’d take me to the mall to spend my birthday money.

I do remember Newberrys somewhat. 

I saw this earlier:

Someone described it as "Rockwelian", which I suppose it is in a way. 

For me, it's more a reminder of a time before we had a Toys R Us store in this area. It seemed like such a magical, far away place. I wanted to see it more than anything. 

Of course by the time we got one, I was older and it wasn't as big a deal. But once upon a time, it was. 

Once upon a time, TV looked like this for us:

Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 10.25.03 AM.png

And we considered that picture worthy of recording!!

• Like 1

I remember this stuff from my 6th grade year at Beecher ( also my first year in public school ). It wasn't great, but for some reason we went nuts when the lady came out and yelled "EXTRAS!!!" which meant you could have more for free. 

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 11.23.02 AM.png

On 1/13/2024 at 11:31 AM, Chris said:

I remember this stuff from my 6th grade year at Beecher ( also my first year in public school ). It wasn't great, but for some reason we went nuts when the lady came out and yelled "EXTRAS!!!" which meant you could have more for free. 

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 11.23.02 AM.png

I remember at Beecher it came in the little metal rectangle pans and you would get the cheese that would get stuck to the edges and have to scrape it off so delicious.

• Like 1