Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Meta Takes Aim At Twitter With "Threads" App

The rivalry between Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk has just kicked up a notch.

Zuckerberg’s Meta, which owns Facebook and Instagram, has teased a new app that is set to take on Twitter by offering a rival space for real-time conversations online.

The app is called Threads and it is expected to go live Thursday, according to a listing in the App Store. The app appears to have many similarities to Twitter — the App Store description emphasizes conversations, as well as the potential to build a following and connect with like-minded people.

“Threads is where communities come together to discuss everything from the topics you care about today to what’ll be trending tomorrow,” it reads.

Read more here.

Part of me is curious, because Twitter really is one huge flaming turd. But then I see stuff like this and think, "Nahhh..."

Meta’s new offering, however, has raised data privacy concerns. 

Threads could collect a wide range of personal information, including health, financial, contacts, browsing and search history, location data, purchases and “sensitive info,” according to its data privacy disclosure on the App Store.

29 minutes ago, Chris said:

Part of me is curious, because Twitter really is one huge flaming turd. But then I see stuff like this and think, "Nahhh..."

How can information be collected if it’s not shared on Meta or Twitter?

6 hours ago, Chris said:

To me, this guy's whole demeanor is so cringy

On 7/6/2023 at 9:36 AM, Ann said:

How can information be collected if it’s not shared on Meta or Twitter?

More than likely you have to allow access to contacts and search history and all that when agreeing to the terms and conditions plus with it being a meta thing it will have access to your Facebook and Instagram if you have it so it will pull information from there.

Tweeter has never turned a profit. Both are awful though. Social media feels so obsolete to me now. I'd rather have MySpace back. 

Saw a photo of musk and zuck fight. It was the brother's from Napolean Dynamite and the one brother pushing each other. That would be the equivalent of any fight between. These 2 clowns.