Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Neil Young Asks Spotify To Remove Music Over Vaccine Disinformation

Neil Young posted a since-deleted letter to his management team and record labeldemanding that they remove his music from Spotify. “I am doing this because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them,” he wrote. “Please act on this immediately today and keep me informed of the time schedule.”

“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” he continued. “They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both.” Young is referencing the steady stream of misinformation about vaccines that Joe Rogan has peddled on The Joe Rogan Experience. Last month, 270 doctors, physicians, and science educators signed an open letter asking Spotify to stop spreading Rogan’s baseless claims.

Read the rest here.

Neil's gotten pretty cranky over the years, akin to the old guy telling kids to get off his lawn. I don't think he has much of a leg to stand on here, although I guess it depends on his contract with them. 

I just read that Spotify said, “Okay Neil!”

And have begun to pull Neil’s stuff off their platform.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 6:44 PM, MsKreed said:

image.png.58b0e1441519ba4563a332303af859a8.png

I had to ask Hubby who was Neil Young and he named one song Young did that he knew I liked. 
When will these “celebrities” understand something like this has no impact what so ever on real people.

On 1/25/2022 at 5:21 PM, Chris said:

Neil's gotten pretty cranky over the years, akin to the old guy telling kids to get off his lawn.

He must be upset about fading away. 

My, my, hey , hey.

I really hope the we don't see too much of Spotify's stock losses attributed to recent decisions by Neil Young (or others artists). It's a bit misleading to give them credit for the sharp, steady downward trend Spotify that's been going on long before this. 

According to Forbes, Spotify's investors are becoming worried about the service's standings among the controversy, especially if other artists follow in Young and Mitchell's footsteps. All in all, it doesn't look good for Spotify stock, which has already dropped 45% in value in the past year.

Source - Loudwire

image.png.1492ff6ee92dba782f488c85738900d4.png

Source: NYSE

Sorry folks, mis-info or not, no right to silence what someone has to say...put the work in, maybe even get a Spotify deal of ones own and offer content proving him wrong....shutting down someone who thnks/speaks differently is certainly NOT an ideal this Country was founded upon

• Like 2

No, but having thought about it some I think to say, “I don’t agree with X on this platform so I want nothing to do with it,” is okay. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Diane said:

No, but having thought about it some I think to say, “I don’t agree with X on this platform so I want nothing to do with it,” is okay. 

if that were the end of it, there is ZERO problem with that view(freedom FROM association)

unfortunately none of them has said "he's free to say as he wishes, i just do not want to be associated with his content"

instead it was if he isnt silenced, you cant use my content.....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chris said:

I couldn’t resist

This here represents quite a few people I know:

image.png.a1b9a3a5d2a5c36081f4acee5a1e07de.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2