TTL News

"Race For The White House 2024" Open Chat

12 hours ago, Chris said:

Apparently Maine has followed suit and declared Trump ineligible to appear on their ballot.

This is election interference.  They have no right deciding who the eligible voters in this country can or can not vote for.  What the Democrats say Trump did/will do if elected they are doing themselves.

3 hours ago, Ann said:

They have no right deciding who the eligible voters in this country can or can not vote for.

Well until the Supreme Court weighs in, they'll keep trying. I read online that Alaska is considering it as well. 

Whatever happens, I have a really uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach we are in for an absolute shit show in the coming years. 

"The Trump Shaped Shadow On The Horizon":

President Joe Biden hasn’t handled the Middle East crisis well, and the appalling, and ongoing, loss of civilian life is causing a large part of his domestic constituency to recoil against his presidency. The coalition of interests that drew Black Americans, Muslims, Hispanic immigrants, and Jews into the Democratic fold is, to say the least, in deep trouble, with all these groups feeling unheard and taken advantage of by the broader coalition. The president hasn’t convinced critical masses of voters that the economy is, despite the endless drumbeat of catastrophism, actually in pretty good shape—that unemployment remains at historic lows, that inflation is under control again, and thus that interest rates are likely to start falling in the new year. His messaging on immigration is all over the map. And, perhaps most damaging—because so difficult to create a counternarrative on—the octogenarian Biden has signally failed to tackle the Fox News mantra that he is too old for the job.

All of which has created a shockingly large political opening for the MAGA-fied GOP, and a messaging vacuum that Donald Trump is all too eager to fill with one dark message after another. In this holiday season of goodwill, The Donald took to Truth Social to make a wish, and, not surprisingly, it wasn’t the standard end-of-year fare filled with pabulums of generic kindness and warm wishes: His opponents, Trump opined, should “rot in hell.” When Michigan Democratic Representative Debbie Dingell took umbrage at the sentiment, the ex-president rounded on her as a “loser.”

In actuality, the bit about rotting in hell was perhaps the least off-the-wall language in the post. Trump labeled Biden “crooked” and special counsel Jack Smith “deranged.” He attacked the “Woke Military,” the “Green New Scam,” the “All Electric Car Lunacy,” and miscellaneous other policies and global situations. Earlier in the week, he posted a word-cloud image showing all the phrases being used to describe what a Trump presidency would look like. Prominently displayed in the imagery, as if to indicate that the candidate were embracing these warnings as compliments and as promises, were the words “dictatorship” and “revenge.”

Read the rest here.

Thing is, I think he has a better chance of winning this year than he did in 2020. Despite all the talk of an improved economy, people aren't feeling it, and Biden is simply too damned old to make it another four years. The physical and cognitive decline, while natural for a guy his age, is obvious and troubling. Not that The Donald is any better, younger, etc. 

I seriously wish the parties would get their collective heads out of their ass and find more palatable candidates. Or a seriously viable third party candidate come forward. 

2 hours ago, Chris said:

"The Trump Shaped Shadow On The Horizon":

Read the rest here.

Thing is, I think he has a better chance of winning this year than he did in 2020. Despite all the talk of an improved economy, people aren't feeling it, and Biden is simply too damned old to make it another four years. The physical and cognitive decline, while natural for a guy his age, is obvious and troubling. Not that The Donald is any better, younger, etc. 

I seriously wish the parties would get their collective heads out of their ass and find more palatable candidates. Or a seriously viable third party candidate come forward. 

Improved economy?  I'm not sure what that actually means because costs are extremely high and not getting any better. 

I know Fox pushes Bidens age a lot however Trump is only a few years behind him.  A four year term would make him the same age as Biden when the 2028 election rolls around.  I think they are both too damn old.  Biden is an idiot and Trump is an Ass.  What great choices we have

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Whatever happens, I have a really uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach we are in for an absolute shit show in the coming years. 

I believe that.  Saw today that 59% of illegals are getting some form of welfare.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KarenK said:

I think they are both too damn old. 

Quoted for truth.

At this point, both are out of touch with reality. I have no intention of voting for either. 

On 12/23/2023 at 11:24 AM, Chris said:

I initially was going to disagree with you on this. But I wasn’t entirely sure what the judicial definition could be. I looked it up and found: 

IMG_5937.jpeg

My guess is the difference is in the organization, or lack thereof in the case of Jan. 6th. As despicable as it was, I can see the other side of the coin that says had the vote not been certified the events of that day wouldn’t have happened. Therefore a defense attorney could shoot down a charge of “insurrection” relatively easy.

They’re still very lucky I wasn’t in charge that day.

But I agree and hope the SC overturns this, if only for the reasons I stated above.

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."

I am a Non-Attorney Spokesperson: reading the clause above, there is no mention that such a person is barred from running for office, in fact, if you want to be technical; the fact that the disability can be removed by 2/3 vote of Congress would seem to imply or allow such person to run for office, and once the electorate has spoken, leaves it up to Congress to sort out if needed. Nowhere does this clause give individual States or its officers, particularly those looking to use such theater for their own advancement, powers or authority to preempt the Amendment.

• Like 2

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden is starting the campaign year by evoking the Revolutionary War to mark the third anniversary of the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol and visiting the South Carolina church where a white gunman massacred Black parishioners — seeking to present in the starkest possible terms an election he argues could determine the fate of American democracy. 

On Saturday, Biden will travel to near Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, where George Washington and the Continental Army spent a bleak winter nearly 250 years ago. There, he’ll decry former President Donald Trump for the riot by a mob of his supporters who overran the Capitol in an attempt to overturn the 2020 presidential election. 

Source

When in doubt, pick that scab, get it bleeding a little more. 

4 hours ago, Chris said:

When in doubt, pick that scab, get it bleeding a little more. 

they are just warming up

I don't like the guy, and this response is probably rehearsed and just waiting for this question to come up, but damn, he still guns this reporter down hard:

Can’t disagree with what he said rehearsed or not.

On 1/5/2024 at 10:19 AM, Chris said:

cannot argue with his answer really.

funny how "reporter" keeps needing to bring everything back to "whites are evil" and doubles down in face of fact that black on black crimes are more prevalent

Big shocker, Trump won the Iowa caucus. 

On 1/16/2024 at 6:03 AM, Chris said:

Ramiswamy is out.

On 1/16/2024 at 10:41 AM, Chris said:

Big shocker, Trump won the Iowa caucus. 

I realize biden re-election is more than dangerous at this point and as blind as Dems are to that fact i just cannot for the life of me figure out wtf is wrong with voters of either stripe

I realize Biden will be the dem nominee the DNC has decided for its voters. 

But I give Dean Phillips points for trying. 

(let's see how many times it takes me to get the embed to work - LOL)

Edited by MsKreed

Didn't the DNC vote to make South Carolina the first caucus, primary, whatever?

19 minutes ago, Chris said:

Didn't the DNC vote to make South Carolina the first caucus, primary, whatever?

I think they wanted dates changed but NH refused?  

I do believe Iowa has some staggered thing this year, with the Rep caucus at regular time and a later "mail-in" caucus date for dems. I don't understand what a "mail-in" caucus could even mean. 

There is some Super PAC that is pushing a write-in campaign in NH for Biden. And folks in NH are pointing out that, while Biden's name isn't on the primary ballot, his administration is conspicuously bragging about what he's done for the state (while assuring everyone it's not a Hatch violation as long as they don't mention the primary out loud). 

This week alone, New Hampshire has logged visits from five Cabinet secretaries: Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm and Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack on Monday, Interior Secretary Deb Haaland on Tuesday, Education Secretary Miguel Cardona on Wednesday and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg on Friday. That’s on top of recent visits from White House Senior Advisor Tom Perez, U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai and U.S. Small Business Administrator Isabel Casillas Guzman.

They’ve spread out across New Hampshire, talking up spending by the Biden administration on roads, schools, farms and more. Just don’t ask them whether it all has anything to do with the primary campaign later this month.

Source:  Biden’s campaign is snubbing NH. But we sure are popular with his Cabinet lately

Edited by MsKreed
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MsKreed said:

There is some Super PAC that is pushing a write-in campaign in NH for Biden.

I heard this on NPR as well. If I remember correctly, part of it is an attempt to court Independents and pull votes away from Trump.

Speaking of whom, here's a news story I didn't expect to see all over the internet:

Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 10.27.15 AM.png

Source

For what it's worth, #SyphillisDon is trending on Twitter 😄