Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Current Events Chat

And apparently the GOP has “noped” out on Jordan. Back to Square One.

FFS … how about getting past the High School Bullshit and get on with the Job for which they were elected and highly paid for and  NOT doing ! 

Well they picked the “best” of a bad lot finally:

“WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans unanimously elected Rep. Mike Johnson as House speaker on Wednesday, eagerly elevating a deeply conservative but lesser-known leader to the major seat of U.S. power and ending for now the weeks of political chaos in their majority.

Johnson, 51, of Louisiana, swept through on the first ballot with support from all Republicans anxious to put the past weeks of tumult behind and get on with the business of governing. He was quickly sworn into office, second in line to the presidency.”

Source

13 hours ago, Chris said:

Well they picked the “best” of a bad lot finally:

“WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans unanimously elected Rep. Mike Johnson as House speaker on Wednesday, eagerly elevating a deeply conservative but lesser-known leader to the major seat of U.S. power and ending for now the weeks of political chaos in their majority.

Johnson, 51, of Louisiana, swept through on the first ballot with support from all Republicans anxious to put the past weeks of tumult behind and get on with the business of governing. He was quickly sworn into office, second in line to the presidency.”

Source

I hope they reverse the asinine resolution that allowed McCarthy to be ousted.   I saw Gaetz briefly on a radio talk show mouthing off about the danger of this Maga Speaker.   Gaetz kept his mouth shut after McCarthy’s ouster and during these last three weeks.  Now that there’s a Speaker he starts in again.

It’s called playing “ Whack-a-Mole  “ ! This , as I said before is making me rethink my political ideology enough to switch to another ( not Democratic either ) party . I could very easily join the Apathetic Party I suppose , but then of course you can’t bitch or complain if you don’t vote ! 

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

You could always just be "unaffiliated". 

Yes , as I am trying to become unaffiliated with many things these days , that would be fitting . 

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the Middle East:

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. fighter jets launched airstrikes early Friday on two locations in eastern Syria linked to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps, the Pentagon said, in retaliation for a slew of drone and missile attacks against U.S. bases and personnel in the region that began early last week. 

The U.S. strikes reflect the Biden administration’s determination to maintain a delicate balance. The U.S. wants to hit Iranian-backed groups suspected of targeting the U.S. as strongly as possible to deter future aggression, possibly fueled by Israel’s war against Hamas, while also working to avoid inflaming the region and provoking a wider conflict.

Source

That guy is such a complete POS it’s mind-boggling he was ever elected to begin with.

He’s announced he won’t run for another term, but he’ll still get the pension and all the other benefits I’m sure.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 6:33 PM, Chris said:

That guy is such a complete POS it’s mind-boggling he was ever elected to begin with.

He’s announced he won’t run for another term, but he’ll still get the pension and all the other benefits I’m sure.

with any luck, he wont finish his current term

I saw this posted on Twitter and laughed. Man, what a fitting backdrop:

Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 10.04.34 AM.png

• Like 2

See ya!

WASHINGTON (AP) — The House voted on Friday to expel Republican Rep. George Santos of New York after a critical ethics report on his conduct that accused him of converting campaign donations for his own use. He was just the sixth member in the chamber’s history to be ousted by colleagues.

The vote to expel was 311-114. Expulsion requires support from two-thirds of the House, a purposefully high bar, but a blistering House Ethics Committee report that accused Santos of breaking federal law proved decisive.

As it became clear that he would be expelled, Santos placed his overcoat over his shoulders, shook hands with conservative members who voted against his expulsion and departed the House chamber.

Source

Interesting:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Two months after his historic ouster as U.S. House speaker, Republican Rep. Kevin McCarthy said Wednesday that he is resigning and will leave Congress by the end of the year. 

His announcement capped a stunning end to a House career for the onetime deli counter owner from Bakersfield, California, who ascended through state and national politics to become second in line to the presidency, until a cluster of hard-right conservatives engineered his removal in October.

McCarthy is the only speaker in history to be voted out of the job.

Source

On 12/1/2023 at 9:10 AM, Chris said:

I saw this posted on Twitter and laughed. Man, what a fitting backdrop:

Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 10.04.34 AM.png

its doubly fitting given the name on  on the truck

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adam said:

its doubly fitting given the name on  on the truck

Haha! I didn’t even notice that.

Earlier today, Governor Kathy Hochul signed legislation to continue New York’s leadership on racial equity by creating a new commission to study reparations and racial justice.

"This commission acknowledges the horrific injustice of slavery and will be tasked with examining the legacy of slavery, subsequent discrimination against people of African descent, and the impact these forces continue to have in the present day,"read the press release. 

"As a leader of this state, I believe it is our obligation to help that arc bend toward justice," Hochul said. "This bill is a continuation of the work that began. When New York began slavery back in 1827, we've had a lot of steps along the way, some backwards, some forwards, many profound failures. But by signing this bill today, I'm authorizing the creation of a commission, a committee to study what reparations might look like in New York. Let's be clear about what reparations means. It doesn't mean fixing the past, undoing what happened. We can't do that. No one can. But it does mean more than giving people a simple apology 150 years later. This bill makes it possible to have a conversation, a reasoned debate, about what we want the future to look like. And I can think of nothing more democratic than that."

Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 7.25.02 PM.png

It's almost like they WANT animosity between the racial groups. And of course this charlatan:

Screen Shot 2023-12-20 at 10.14.16 AM.png

Would be right there to benefit. 

• Like 1

One NYC school has students learning remotely today because nearly 2,000 illegal immigrants needed to be relocated to the high school. 

Read more here.