TTL News

Celebrity Obits 2023

The Iron Sheikh has died at age 81

WWE Hall of Famer The Iron Sheik has died at the age of 81, his family said Wednesday. The Iranian-born wrestling legend, born Hossein Khosrow Ali Vaziri, was memorialized in an online statement as a devoted family man and a “force of nature.” His family said he died “peacefully” after a decadeslong career in the wrestling world.

I recently watched an episode of A&E's "Biography" about him and it was absolutely fascinating. 

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — Pat Robertson, a religious broadcaster who turned a tiny Virginia station into the global Christian Broadcasting Network, tried a run for president and helped make religion central to Republican Party politics in America through his Christian Coalition, has died. He was 93. 

Robertson’s death Thursday was announced by his broadcasting network. No cause was given.

Source

“The Unabomber” himself, Ted Kaczynski was found dead in his cell. He was 81.

Source

Treat Williams

DORSET, Vt. (AP) — Actor Treat Williams, whose nearly 50-year career included starring roles in the TV series “Everwood” and the movie “Hair,” died Monday after a motorcycle crash in Vermont, state police said. He was 71.

Source 

Treat Williams

DORSET, Vt. (AP) — Actor Treat Williams, whose nearly 50-year career included starring roles in the TV series “Everwood” and the movie “Hair,” died Monday after a motorcycle crash in Vermont, state police said. He was 71.

Source

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Alan Arkin, the wry character actor who demonstrated his versatility in comedy and drama as he received four Academy Award nominations and won an Oscar in 2007 for “Little Miss Sunshine,” has died. He was 89.

His sons Adam, Matthew and Anthony confirmed their father’s death through the actor’s publicist on Friday. “Our father was a uniquely talented force of nature, both as an artist and a man,” they said in a statement.

Source

Tony Bennett, one of the most beloved and recognizable voices in the history of American popular music, died Friday at 96, less than two weeks shy of his birthday, his publicist said in a statement.

Bennett died in his hometown of New York, Sylvia Weiner said. A cause was not immediately disclosed.

Source

• Sad 1

Fans of The Bob And Tom Show will be sad to know that comedian "Donnie Baker" has died ( I swear to God he did )

DAYTON — Comedian and radio personality Ron Sexton, known to listeners of “The BOB & TOM Show” as “Donnie Baker,” has died.

Sexton’s family announced his death Saturday morning in a post on his official Facebook page.

“It is with immense sadness that we let everyone know that Ron Sexton passed away yesterday. He was Donnie Baker to most of you, but Ron and Dad to us. Please respect our privacy at this time and pray for our family,” the post said.

Source

Irish singer and activist Sinéad O'Connor has died at the age of 56. 

In a statement, the singer's family said: "It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our beloved Sinéad. 

"Her family and friends are devastated and have requested privacy at this very difficult time."

She was best known for her single Nothing Compares 2 U, released in 1990, which went on to hit number one around the world. 

Taoiseach (Irish PM) Leo Varadkar paid tribute to her, saying her music "was loved around the world and her talent was unmatched and beyond compare". 

The singer, who was outspoken in her social and political views, brought out 10 studio albums in all.

Source

• Sad 1

Too bad, she was a tortured should with a voice like an angel. 

Really very sad.  So many mental health issues over the years and I know the death of her son last year was devastating.  

Two of my favorite songs, both of them her duets with two of my favorite musicians :

• Like 1

this one has a bit more bite in light of here passing

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Paul Reubens, the actor and comedian whose character Pee-wee Herman became a cultural phenomenon through films and TV shows, has died. He was 70.

Reubens died Sunday night after a six-year struggle with cancer that he did not make public, his publicist said in a statement. 

“Please accept my apology for not going public with what I’ve been facing the last six years,” Reubens said in a statement released Monday with the announcement of his death. “I have always felt a huge amount of love and respect from my friends, fans and supporters. I have loved you all so much and enjoyed making art for you.”

Source

Man, not Pee-Wee!!

I understand his desire for privacy while sick though. 

Ron Cephas Jones. You may know him better as "William"

The This Is Us family is mourning the loss of Ron Cephas Jones.

The actor, who won two Emmys for his guest role of William Hill on the NBC drama series and recently starred on the Apple TV+ series Truth Be Told, died at age 66 from a "long-standing pulmonary issue," his rep said Aug. 19. Ron survived by his daughter and fellow Emmy winner, Jasmine Cephas Jones, who shared a throwback pic of the two a day after the actor's death on her Instagram Stories.

On This Is Us, which ended in 2022 after six seasons, Ron played the biological father of Randall Pearson, played by Sterling K. Brown. William was a recovering drug addict and music artist who battled and died of stomach cancer.

Source

He was great on that show. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

IMG_5452.jpeg

A publicist says popular game show host Bob Barker, a household name for a half-century as host of “Truth or Consequences” and “The Price Is Right,” has died at his home in Los Angeles. Barker was 99.”

Source

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Samuel “Joe” Wurzelbacher, who was thrust into the political spotlight as “Joe the Plumber” after questioning Barack Obama about his economic policies during the 2008 presidential campaign, and who later forayed into politics himself, has died, his son said Monday. He was 49.

His oldest son, Joey Wurzelbacher, said his father died Sunday in Wisconsin after a long illness. His family announced this year on an online fundraising site that he had pancreatic cancer.

Source

Jimmy Buffett 

“NEW YORK (AP) — Singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett, who popularized beach bum soft rock with the escapist Caribbean-flavored song “Margaritaville” and turned that celebration of loafing into an empire of restaurants, resorts and frozen concoctions, has died. He was 76.”

Source

• Sad 1

LOS ANGELES — Actor David McCallum, who became a teen heartthrob in the hit series The Man From U.N.C.L.E. in the 1960s and was the eccentric medical examiner in the popular NCIS 40 years later, has died. He was 90.

Source