TTL News

Rep. Tom Reed "Seriously Considering" Running For Governor In 2022

Twin Tiers Living Straw Poll  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for Tom Reed if he runs for governor of New York?

• Yes
    • No

CORNING, N.Y. (WETM) – Republican Congressman Tom Reed says he’s “seriously considering” running for Governor in 2022.

Congressman Reed was asked on Fox News about a prospective run on Sunday morning, saying that a decision will be made “sooner rather than later” and that he needs to discuss the potential campaign with his family.

“We are seriously considering it. I’ve been asked by many people to do this for months because I think they appreciate the way I govern. Not governing by arrogance, bullying like Governor Cuomo does, but trying to bring people together as a proud Republican.”

Reed repeatedly cited “one party control” being an issue in Albany and saying that he’s talked to people across the state about the impact of “one party control under Democratic party control”

“People are getting sick of it. I’ve been in the Bronx, I’ve been in Harlem, I’ve been inside the inner cities of New York City, I will tell you, they’re saying that the extreme policies of Albany are killing their communities.

See more here. 

I gotta say that the poll is a bit early.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  It would depend on who he is running against.  If its Cuomo, it's a solid yes I would vote for him.  How his "apology" plays out will determine if that's a factor.

Generally I vote conservative/republican and I'm not ashamed to say so.  Chances are that I would probably vote for him if he runs.  Just not sure now is the time for him.

I'm an independent voter.  I've been to several town halls he's done and am really put off by the partisan-bating used in the hand-outs he distributes.  

I don't care who is running for office -- if it's a Dem saying everything is the Republican's fault they're not being honest.  If it's a Republican saying it's all the Dems fault, they're not being honest.  Neither official would be good for our state, in my opinion.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2021 at 1:21 PM, TwinTiersLiving said:

“People are getting sick of it. I’ve been in the Bronx, I’ve been in Harlem, I’ve been inside the inner cities of New York City, I will tell you, they’re saying that the extreme policies of Albany are killing their communities.

Kind of obvious that he must have been considering some statewide office to be hanging out with constituents in AOC's district. 

3 hours ago, Karen said:

I've been to several town halls he's done and am really put off by the partisan-bating used in the hand-outs he distributes.  

Yeah some of his campaign ads have been a bit, uh, over the top to say the least. I get it. 

Pitted against Cuomo, yeah I'm voting for Reed. But it'd be nice if a couple better candidates came along. 

• Like 1

I wonder if Rob Astorino is gonna make another run at it.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I wonder if Rob Astorino is gonna make another run at it.

From what I read from him earlier today, I think so.  Honestly I think if Hochul takes office he has a chance.

• Like 1