Sign in to follow this  
Chris

"Wandavision" On Disney+

We've kind of avoided this one because it looked silly and personally, I loved the Marvel Universe movies too much to see it reduced to something ridiculous. 

Yeah, I was wrong. 

Okay, so the first couple episodes don't make a lot of sense. A buddy texted me and said to just enjoy it, things will start revealing themselves by Episode 4. He was correct. 

We binged up to Ep. 4 last night and paused after 3 to discuss what we thought was going on. I think so far I'm the nearest to being correct. 

Ultimately, this is some brilliant storytelling. Whoever the writers are, they deserve and award and a raise, because it's really well done. I highly recommend this, but only after you've watched the Marvel movies, particularly the last few. Otherwise you'll be lost. 

Ok, I watched the first 2 and gave up. I will watch the next 2 later tonight.  

5 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Ok, I watched the first 2 and gave up. I will watch the next 2 later tonight.  

Seriously, stick with it. It's actually going somewhere, I promise. 

Kinda like "John Carter", which was a seriously awesome movie. The trick was to get through the first 20 minutes. 

I watched them a couple hours ago. It makes  more sense now. It is picking up and seems that it will be entertaining.  

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

I watched them a couple hours ago. It makes  more sense now. It is picking up and seems that it will be entertaining.  

Right? 

I was really amazed by the end of the 3rd episode, when I started getting an idea of what might be happening.

We watched the series finale last night and okay, I'll say it:

I was underwhelmed. 

Maybe it makes sense to those who followed comic books, but as a stand alone show, what started out to be a really cool concept felt to me like it just fizzled out. The finale felt predictable and lacked any real "oh wow" moments. Seeing Kevin Smith all teary eyed on social media ( again ) didn't really make sense to me. But maybe that's because I feel so little investment in any of the characters. 

I really think the first 4 episodes were the best. Guess ya can't win 'em all. 

While I watched them all, I agree. I probably won't watch the 2nd season. 

When they said the scarlet witches power was stronger than the Sorcerer Supreme, I was hoping for an appearance by Dr. Strange. He is my favorite of all the Avengers, and has the best background movie. 

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

While I watched them all, I agree. I probably won't watch the 2nd season. 

When they said the scarlet witches power was stronger than the Sorcerer Supreme, I was hoping for an appearance by Dr. Strange. He is my favorite of all the Avengers, and has the best background movie. 

Wanda is supposed to be in the next Dr. Strange movie, “Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Magic”, which people think will tie into some of what happened in Wandavision, might be interesting

• Like 2

Wanda is an omega level mutant who can alter reality. They will more than likely be using her to introduce the X-men and other mutants into Disneys Marvel 

• Like 3