Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

"The Muppet Show" Coming To Disney+ In February

Good news for Muppet enthusiasts – all five seasons of “The Muppet Show” will be available to stream on Disney Plus on Feb. 19.

Created by the legendary Jim Henson, the original “Muppet Show” was a variety half-hour featuring Kermit the Frog as the showrunner and host. The series originally aired from 1976 to 1981 on ITV in the U.K. and on CBS in the U.S. In addition to the show’s first three seasons, seasons 4 and 5 will also be available to stream for the first time.

Beyond Kermit, “The Muppet Show” features Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, the Swedish Chef, Sam the Eagle, aged hecklers Statler and Waldorf and other beloved characters. The colorful Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, anchored by excitable drummer Animal, served as the house band.

The show was notable for mixing the family-friendly Muppet characters with starry guest hosts that included Steve Martin, Elton John, Liza Minnelli, Alice Cooper, Julie Andrews, Bernadette Peters, Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, Gene Kelly and Mark Hamill.

Read more here.

among others, we watched the mark Hamill one last week.....painful, must have been around the time the holiday special was made

Did you know Disney+ has a version of The Office done by the muppets?  

13 hours ago, Adam said:

among others, we watched the mark Hamill one last week.....painful, must have been around the time the holiday special was made

Eh, I chalk that episode up to 70's schmaltz. 

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Did you know Disney+ has a version of The Office done by the muppets?  

I know they had a series on there, which I didn't really care for. Was it the one that ABC ran a couple years ago? The first episode was hysterical but then after that it wasn't so good. 

It seems like for the most part the Muppets franchise hasn't been the same since Henson died, no matter how hard they tried. 

I am not a fan of The Office till the later episodes, so I don't know if it the one from ABC, but I don't see them making it twice.

Oh I meant the Muppet show that was on ABC. 

I’ve watched a few episodes of The Office too. It was humorous, but I don’t get the hubbub about it.