TTL News

Investigation Into Animal Neglect Complaint In Erin

Craig Spencer, the Director of Animal Control at the Elmira Police Department, told 18 News investigators visited the property on Friday. The City of Elmira provides animal control services for the Town of Erin.

Spencer says Elmira Animal Control was notified about the property after a Facebook post showing animals on the property was shared in a group for “Erin NY & Surrounding Communities.” The post said the animals were suffering “abuse & neglect.” Some of the animals in the photos looked emaciated. The date of when the photos were taken is currently unknown.

Read the rest here.

That guy has had complaints filed against him numerous times.  This appears to be the first time ol Nick Dubina got wind of it.  

Guy who owns that place is a dirtbag and the sad part is, he has money.  Owns a mail transport company delivering mail between USPS locations.

What 18 News showed on their evening news was animals in a pasture of mud.  I didn’t see food or water and I don’t believe cows and horses eat mud.  But they didn’t see signs of neglect smh.

This has been going on at that place for years. What's amazing to me is some of their neighbors defending them. 

Haven't seen anyone defending them other than one post who I am aware is a family member. 

Oh I see it now.  There are multiple posts out there. 

I do know for a fact that they have been reported off and on for years and nothing has ever changed.    

I’m trying to fathom the “animal experts” who are claiming that anyone who’s been around livestock “knows” that they emerge from winter emaciated, as a normal state of health.

I don’t need to be a farmer to have seen thousands of cows and horses my entire life, and observe that this is not the way they usually look....any time of year.

• Like 2

I have been around all kinds of livestock in my 70 years around the Sun and I don’t t know what the hell planet the people spewing this BS are from !! Emerging from Winter means emaciated and probably infested with lice … really ?! 
But this is the prevailing mentality or lack thereof in this area … it’s the country and i can live , or more like , exist any damn way I please . Fine , live or exist in any manner you choose but Do Not force your lifestyle on innocent animals ! And STOP with the BS that you’re a farmer , as with a few others on this hill YOU ARE NOT FARMERS , OR CHURCHES…YOU ARE JUNKYARDS inflicting this Cruelty on animals you obviously could and do not Not give a damn about ! 

• Like 1