TTL News

Chemung County Legislature Stonewalled By County Executive On Government Software System

It is a direct function of the county legislature to manage and maintain the route slip systems and processes. It enables the clerk and deputy clerk of the legislature to produce documents to conduct the business of the county.

Margeson said that the county executive left the clerk and deputy clerk out of training and information sessions for the new software, which essentially hindered their ability to do their jobs.

Margeson added that Moss wants to control the route slip process because of what he says is a, “perception that in the past, some of the resolutions may have been modified or changed.”

The accusation by Moss was made against the now former clerk of the legislature, Cindy Kalweit.

Kalweit told WSKG that any changes she made in her capacity as clerk were made to reflect appropriate attachments and formatting for policy and resolution language.

Kalweit retired in February after 19 years of service with Chemung County, due to what Margeson said was her perceived treatment by him and the county executive in her position.

“During that whole process, Cindy became very frustrated, and felt that we- I’ll say me- as the chair didn't support what she really felt, and that she felt that we were being really taken advantage of,” explained Margeson. “[That] it appeared that I supported the county executive versus supporting her, which wasn't really the case."

Multiple attempts to reach the county executive went unanswered.

Read the rest here.

Why does Moss have to be difficult about every single thing?   He has done nothing but hinder the ability of our county to operate since he was elected.  I just don't see his point or purpose at all.

1 hour ago, KarenK said:

Why does Moss have to be difficult about every single thing?   He has done nothing but hinder the ability of our county to operate since he was elected.  I just don't see his point or purpose at all.

Perhaps his purpose was to simply get the position.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Perhaps his purpose was to simply get the position.

I'm sure, but if that's the case then step back and let the officials do their job.  He will get all the credit anyway.

• Like 1

It’s crap like this that keep great things for the county like this ( approved nearly two years ago and not a peep since ) from happening. 

All but two or three in the current county government need to go. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TTL News Bot said:

Margeson added that Moss wants to control the route slip process because of what he says is a, “perception that in the past, some of the resolutions may have been modified or changed.”

The accusation by Moss was made against the now former clerk of the legislature, Cindy Kalweit.

Kalweit told WSKG that any changes she made in her capacity as clerk were made to reflect appropriate attachments and formatting for policy and resolution language.

Aside from his "stonewalling" creating an obstruction to Legislative proceedings, an attack like this is indefensible.  If he had any suspicion that any county employee was inappropriately modifying legal communications......there is most certainly a process to address it besides refusing to conduct business with teh Legislature. 

If Moss is on record making such an accusation, Ms. Kalweit should pursue a civil suit for defamation.