TTL News

"New York Food By Region" Map

This one cracked me up:

Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 3.51.45 PM.png

If you're in Oneonta, you absolutely HAVE to stop at Brooks BBQ. I think I know what we're eating when we take the boy back to school!

That line dividing "soda" and "pop" is pretty funny. Looks like it about runs through our house, and here, it's "soda"

14 minutes ago, Chris said:

This one cracked me up:

Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 3.51.45 PM.png

If you're in Oneonta, you absolutely HAVE to stop at Brooks BBQ. I think I know what we're eating when we take the boy back to school!

That line dividing "soda" and "pop" is pretty funny. Looks like it about runs through our house, and here, it's "soda"

I have been to Brooks. It was a very long time ago (97-98) when I lived in Glens Falls and Oneonta was the 1/2 way point to swap my kid out with his dad.  Happy to see it's still there and operating.

It's Soda in my house too but my extended family who are all to our West and South West are all Pop people.

1 hour ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Open face calzone 🤣 fancy name for pizza

That one threw me so thanks for the clarification 😆. Now , just what the hell is a “ peppermint pig “ ? 

2 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Open face calzone 🤣 fancy name for pizza

I honestly don’t thing I’ve ever heard of this.

But I’ll tell you this: When up Utica way and you’re offered chicken riggies? Get some!

Salt potatoes are sorely missing from Syracuse on this map by the way. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chris said:

When I moved to the area as a young adult, I forced myself to start calling it "soda", as no one I knew seemed to say "pop". 

As a kid I lived in Northern KY, then moved to Iowa. It was "pop" or occasionally "soda pop".  Just "soda" would have confused it with an "ice cream soda" that was a popular treat served at many restaurants.