TTL News

"Race For The White House 2024" Open Chat

7 hours ago, Adam said:

except i heard a story and found a recent article to check for B.S, stating the Jan 6th committee had and hid communications indicating Trump was trying to get DC mayor i believe, to request Nat guard troops and made the offer of up to 10,000

https://cha.house.gov/2024/3/chairman-loudermilk-publishes-never-before-released-anthony-ornato-transcribed-interview

Yeah I read that. And I also read elsewhere it was complete BS. If it were true, why all the frantic pleas from even his own children to do something?

I know what I saw with my own two eyes that day, and across multiple platforms. That's enough for me to draw my conclusions. 

8 hours ago, MsKreed said:

Whether their reasons were “anti-Hillary” or “pro-Trump”..

I believe if the Dems ran any other candidate that Trump would have lost.

8 hours ago, MsKreed said:

In contrast to the 2020 attitude of both sides screaming their choice, we could very well see quiet voters having a huge impact again.

I believe you’re right, and that this gives Trump an advantage. And like 2016, if the Dems ran just about anyone else, preferably someone younger and less in the throes of mental decline, Trump would learn what a landslide loss really looks like. 

10 hours ago, KarenK said:

So speaking of 3rd party, I know Kennedy is an extreme underdog here but he seems to be garnering more and more support very quietly.  Maybe that's the idea.

Regardless of what anyone may think about some of his specific views.....nobody should doubt RFK Jr's intelligence. He has about twice the cognitive understanding (especially about about numbers, probability and strategy) of the other two combined.  

If he didn't have so many partisan hurdles restricting his "reach" to the public, his would be a lot less of an underdog.

59 minutes ago, MsKreed said:

Regardless of what anyone may think about some of his specific views.....nobody should doubt RFK Jr's intelligence

I’ll have to look into him some more but so far I’m not impressed. But then again he’d likely be better than the other two brain dead.

3 hours ago, Chris said:

I believe if the Dems ran any other candidate that Trump would have lost.

lacking a sane 3rd party, thats where my vote would potentially go

38 minutes ago, Chris said:

I’ll have to look into him some more but so far I’m not impressed. But then again he’d likely be better than the other two brain dead.

It seems like he certainly has some “controversial” views on some things....but nonconformist doesn’t mean he’s not intelligent. I kind of think he understands strategy and the importance of dialogue and being thoughtful of differing opinions/priorities, etc.

I know he’s characterized as “anti-vaccine”....and also as extremely “green”. I have no reason to doubt the holds those views. But there can a huge difference between having personal views and wanting to  impose those views on others.

One can truly believe and be concerned that anything (from high carb diets, to fossil fuels, to gun ownership, to school curricula) may be an "existential danger".....and still believe citizens should be free to make their own choices. 

Not having researched his direct platform, I’m really not clear on how “rigid” RFK's particular policy ideas are. But I haven’t seen anything that says he supports prohibiting things he dislikes or mandating things he supports.

1 hour ago, MsKreed said:

Not having researched his direct platform, I’m really not clear on how “rigid” RFK's particular policy ideas are. But I haven’t seen anything that says he supports prohibiting things he dislikes or mandating things he supports.

Well that's a good start, I guess. 

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has announced a wealthy California attorney as the running mate for his independent presidential campaign, a necessary step as he tries to get on state ballots for November.

Nicole Shanahan, 38, is the president and director of the Bia-Echo Foundation, a charitable organization that says it focuses its investments in "Reproductive Longevity & Equality, Criminal Justice Reform and a Healthy and Livable Planet."

Kennedy is the son of the former U.S. attorney general and nephew of former President John F. Kennedy. He's a longtime environmental lawyer but has become known in recent years for his anti-vaccine advocacy and as a promoter of conspiracy theories.

Kennedy, whose independent candidacy has drawn concern from both Democrats and Republicans for potentially drawing support away from the two major parties, announced the running mate pick Tuesday in Oakland.

The announcement was preceded by speakers criticizing pandemic restrictions and alleged censorship.

Read more here.

In his speeches and online posts, Trump has ramped up anti-immigrant rhetoric as he seeks the White House a third time, casting migrants as dangerous criminals “poisoning the blood” of America. Hitting the nation’s deepest fault lines of race and national identity, his messaging often relies on falsehoods about migration. But it resonates with many of his core supporters going back a decade, to when “build the wall” chants began to ring out at his rallies.

President Joe Biden and his allies discuss the border very differently. The Democrat portrays the situation as a policy dispute that Congress can fix and hits Republicans in Washington for backing away from a border security deal after facing criticism from Trump.

But in a potentially worrying sign for Biden, Trump’s message appears to be resonating with key elements of the Democratic coalition that Biden will need to win over this November.

Roughly two-thirds of Americans now disapprove of how Biden is handling border security, including about 4 in 10 Democrats, 55% of Black adults and 73% of Hispanic adults, according to an Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll conducted in March.

Source

FORT WORTH, Texas — Another candidate has joined the 2024 presidential race with the name Literally Anybody Else, and yes, that is his legal name. 

Else posted his Texas driver’s license on his campaign’s Facebook page, proving he really did change his name to Literally Anybody Else. 

Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 10.01.51 AM.png

Else was previously known as Dustin Ebey, and he is a seventh grade math teacher in the Fort Worth area and an Army veteran. 

With a mailing address in North Richland Hills, the campaign will be based in Texas with a campaign headquarters “coming soon,” according to Else’s website. 

“America should not be stuck choosing between the ‘King of Debt’ (his self-declaration) and an 81-year old,” the website says, referring to former President Donald Trump and President Joe Biden, who have clinched their parties’ nominations. “Literally Anybody Else isn’t just a person, it’s a rally cry.”

Read more about it here.

• Haha 1

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — President Joe Biden could be left off the ballot in Ohio this fall unless the state’s Republican-dominated legislature creates an exception to the ballot deadline or the Democratic Party moves up its convention, according to the office that oversees the state’s elections. 

Ohio’s deadline to certify presidential candidates for the general election is Aug. 7, nearly two weeks before the Democratic National Convention, at which Biden is expected to be nominated to run against Republican challenger Donald Trump.

Ohio law requires that presidential candidates be certified 90 days before the general election, which is on Nov. 5 this year, said a letter written last week by Paul DiSantis, chief legal counsel for Republican Secretary of State Frank LaRose.

Read more here.

More than a dozen members of the Kennedy family endorsed President Biden's reelection bid on Thursday — formally turning their backs on one of their own, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who has launched his own independent run for office.

Kennedy, the son of Robert F. Kennedy Sr. and the nephew of former President John F. Kennedy, has a slim shot of winning in November, but a third-party candidate with a legendary Democratic surname has the potential to draw votes away from Biden.

"We want to make crystal-clear our feeling that the best way forward for America is to reelect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to four more years," said Kerry Kennedy — RFK Jr.'s sister — as she gave a glowing endorsement to Biden.

Read more here. 

• Like 1

I can’t help but wonder why they won’t support him.  As for me, who ever the Kennedy family endorses means nothing to me.  I don’t believe the Kennedy name has the clout or draw as the former Kennedy and Attorney General did.  I don’t believe they would recognize this current America.

• Like 1

As it looks right now, if I’m going to vote it’ll be for Kennedy. Not because I support him in any way, shape or form, but there’s no way in Hell I’m voting for the other two.

The only other option I see is not vote at all. 

• Like 1