Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Pop Culture Junk Drawer

10 hours ago, Twin Tiers Living said:

John Stewart has returned to host The Daily Show on Monday nights:

1. i know why he is back; the others that followed him sucked arse.

2. He is a genius, and insightful

I've been hearing a lot about Beyonce's new "country" album, and then saw this article just now:

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 9.58.00 AM.png

Out of curiosity I just listened to two of the tracks listed in this article. They're garbage. Putting on a cowboy hat and adding a little twang to an R&B song doesn't make it country. 

Nice try. 

“Friends in Low Places” is arguably Garth Brooks’ best song, as it never fails to get people to smile, sing along and have a great time. That’s the vibe Brooks is hoping for when he opens the Friends in Low Places Bar and Honky-Tonk on Thursday in Nashville. That same day, a “Friends in Low Places” docuseries about the making of the bar premieres on Prime Video. Cameras rolled as Brooks, his wife, Tricia Yearwood (who has hosted a popular Food Network show and knows a thing or two about hospitality), and their team created this new business.

Screen Shot 2024-03-27 at 10.18.50 AM.png

In case you haven't seen it:

On 2/22/2024 at 9:59 AM, Chris said:

I've been hearing a lot about Beyonce's new "country" album, and then saw this article just now:

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 9.58.00 AM.png

Out of curiosity I just listened to two of the tracks listed in this article. They're garbage. Putting on a cowboy hat and adding a little twang to an R&B song doesn't make it country. 

Nice try. 

I am continually seeing articles about the backlash of this album and resistance among country music to accept Beyonce into the fold. Of course it boils down to being about race. And maybe for a handful of people, it is. But I gave it a listen and to me, it just plain sucks. Putting a cowboy hat on your head and a banjo on a few tracks makes one "country" about as much as me wearing Adidas and gold chains and calling myself a hip-hop artist all the sudden. 

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, folks. 

• Like 1

I never particularly cared for Howard Stern.

47 minutes ago, Ann said:

I never particularly cared for Howard Stern.

He's one of the best interviewers out there. He has a way of getting past his guests' defenses and getting them to talk about things they normally wouldn't. 

33 minutes ago, Chris said:

Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at 9.32.39 AM.png

I remember her 😂

When you're minding your own business, looking at the comments for a dumb ass post:

Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 1.49.59 PM.png

And you immediately see that even Elizabeth Walton has chimed in:

Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 1.50.25 PM.png