Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Town Of Horseheads Sends "Cease And Desist" Letter To Local Venue

9 hours ago, Chris said:

What kills me about this is a “confirmation bias” of sorts from the public. It may as well say: “We realize they used a loophole to avoid paying taxes and conducting business like everyone else has to, but we liked this place so it’s okay.”

Wholeheartedly. The original report got so much blow back in March on WETM and the Village of Horseheads. The public was willing to rush to conclusions that it was conspiracy or some kind of mistake instead of actually reading the report and seeing that Lowmanster and Bunce were running it illegally. Bunce started going off on the 'Us vs Them" narrative and facebook did the rest. Well now everything's out and the original report was true. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chris said:

Parts of this post someone made is almost poetic!

IMG_5820.jpeg

Let me get this straight, they didn't know about any of the zoning and tax issues yet were disgusted about it when they found out but it's the towns fault for finding out about improper zoning and the stations fault for reporting the news???

Even if it's all on Lowmaster, Bunce continued to operate the illegal opperations long after Lowmaster left mid summer. 

To get mad at the station and the town is laughable beyond belief. 

• Like 4

I’m not familiar with the “Marketing Agent” who posted that nonsense and not clear on his role in the “team”.

It’s unfortunate if his business will lose some revenue because the Church has decided not to work out something to continue the L operations by submitting a plan and appropriate requests to the Town.  But he and Adam are the ones who have both chosen not to address the Town or the news stations.  

Too bad that the entertainment and marketing “professionals” can’t behave like adults.

It sad to see them trying to inflame their fanatics to direct their outrage to manufactured “villains”....instead of acknowledging the issues and announcing what their plan is to address the matter.

As I noted when this topic first cme up..... The L was up and running for over a year before the C&D order was issued. It's clear that members of the Town Board had to be aware that concerts and events were happening. But the C&D was only issued after multiple neighbors showed up at a Town meeting to register noise complaints.....and then discussion at that meeting "evolved" into debate and public scrutiny of the zoning and religious vs commercial businesses.

So honestly, it feels like the Town had tried pretty hard to “look the other way” and not investigate or question the commercial nature of the L operations. And if they’d kept the volume down a bit, the Town may not have been pressured into explaining to residents why they were allowing it.

Edited by MsKreed
  • Like 2

The Church, Adam and whomever the poet is knew of Scotts past. 

Many witnessed it first hand. 

And they still went along with it.

Terrible actors. 

• Like 4

I think the noise complaints were a bunch of bull. I picked my daughter up from practice there multiple times while music events were happening and it was not loud at all

22 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I think the noise complaints were a bunch of bull. I picked my daughter up from practice there multiple times while music events were happening and it was not loud at all

I have seen other patrons of the L make this same comment....and you in particular aren't one to lie about your observation. And yet there are records that many of the neighbors did hear noise often enough to report it to different officials on multiple occasions. 

Neighbors of the L, on record, publicly giving their names and addresses. Not (as some seem to want us to believe)....the Town fabricating vague anonymous accusations as part of an agenda to drive the L out. 

Both seem sincere and I have trouble trying to reconcile that.  Makes me wonder if the sound carries more in one direction, or if the noise was bad for certain events and not as bad at others? 

The way some of Bunce and friends piling on WETM deny there were ever any valid complaints, you'd think there was just some orange guy on the Town Board or the news channel saying: "You know,some people say there's a lot noise.  The noise is tremendous. Many many people have said to me that it's a noisy place. Very very noisy place" 

Edited by MsKreed
  • Like 3