Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

For Auction: Marilyn's Clothes, Thor's Hammer, Cap's Chield

Over three days in July, Turner Classic Movies and Julien’s Auctions are teaming up to auction off items like Captain America’s shield from “Captain America: The First Avenger,” a two-piece Givenchy ensemble worn by Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and Jules Winnfield’s “bad mother (expletive)″ wallet from “Pulp Fiction,” the organizations said Tuesday.

One of the six original Stormtrooper helmets from “Star Wars: A New Hope” is among the items being auctioned off. The helmet was used during the Tunisia shoot and later restored by Star Wars expert Gino Sabatino. A variety of props used in the Harry Potter films, like Draco Malfoy’s “Nimbus 2001” broomstick and Voldemort’s Elder Wand, are also up for bidding, as is the hammer used by Chris Hemsworth in “Thor: The Dark World.” 

There will be special collections from the estates of James Garner, Robert Stack and Doris Day, as well as legendary editor Anne V. Coates’ marked scripts, including a never-before-seen glimpse into her Oscar-winning decision-making on David Lean’s “Lawrence of Arabia.” Other Coates items include her lined scripts for “The Elephant Man” and “Out of Sight.”

Read more here.

Anything you'd like if you had the money?

the trooper helmet would really be a great addition

One of the first six? I wonder if they’ll take a check.

I see one of the other auctions they are holding includes Jimi Hendrix 1964 Fender Jazzmaster Electric Guitar. I am sure that will bring a nice price.