Pvt Snowball

Where Has All The Money Gone?

Where has all the money gone? That seems like a legitimate question downtown Elmira is receiving huge upgrade while the rest of the town has not received any funding there's no initiatives there's no cleanups there's just no efforts put forth where  has all the money gone?

I invite our City Town and local officials to take a tour of the entire town on foot blocked by block street by Street and think to yourself what can I do to help this neighborhood?

They are going through arpa funds like crazy 3 million on a clock Tower 

No one knows how to spend our money like the government does.

Clock tower leaks was a necessary job 

On 6/5/2024 at 12:04 PM, Pvt Snowball said:

They are going through arpa funds like crazy 3 million on a clock Tower 

I was informed by a very reliable source that the clock tower repair funding came from a historical preservation grant. 

8 minutes ago, Briggs said:

Yes it absolutely was. And welcome to the site @Briggs

Was told by a new city council member that since I live outside the city limits he doesn't have to answer my concerns about the city   yet city receives county tax money 

• Sad 1

Funny how that works isn’t it? We’re told we should care about the city because it’s the county seat. And what happens there affects the surrounding municipalities. So we need to be positive and supportive.

But anyone who dares disagree is shot down, blocked on social media, etc.

My response to that would have been that since I live outside the city limits, I don’t need to spend my money or support anything within city limits.

The arrogance is staggering sometimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Funny how that works isn’t it? We’re told we should care about the city because it’s the county seat. And what happens there affects the surrounding municipalities. So we need to be positive and supportive.

My response to that would have been that since I live outside the city limits, I don’t need to spend my money or support anything within city limits.

Everything is linked whatever happens in the cities also affects what happens in the towns and abroad.

9 hours ago, Briggs said:

Was told by a new city council member that since I live outside the city limits he doesn't have to answer my concerns about the city   yet city receives county tax money 

What happens when the money is gone the city still have to install I think 25 more cameras of the 50 they order and have no way to pay that bill.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Briggs said:

Sadly I've seen the same attitude from a certain County legislator....worse since he feels he doesn't even need to talk with county residents unless they're registered voters in his own district

It's a poor reflection on our elected officials (the same people often forget they're public servants, and instead like to refer to themselves as "leaders").

Fortunately, Grasso is very good at communicating with anyone and everyone who has ties to or concerns about the City.  We can hope that sense of public service and rubs off on any of the new members who "don't get it". 

Edited by MsKreed
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chris said:

I am sure you know what council member told me that I said I have a constitutional right to grieve my government in any city or state in America his response was since he pays federal taxes he could grive his government in Florida but said that was untrue. And absurd 

4 hours ago, MsKreed said:

Fortunately, Grasso is very good at communicating with anyone and everyone who has ties to or concerns about the City.  We can hope that sense of public service and rubs off on any of the new members who "don't get it". 

We have met Nick on several occasions and have nothing but positive things to say about him, both as a private citizen and a government official.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Briggs said:

That should of been fixed years ago meanwhile the old star gazette building sit with asbestos or just the toxic wasting they pulled out of Elmira High School.

1 hour ago, Pvt Snowball said:

That should have been fixed years ago meanwhile the old star gazette building sit with asbestos or just the toxic wasting they pulled out of Elmira High School.

Perhaps they didn’t have the money or decided to spend it elsewhere. We’d have to ask the previous mayor, maybe she’d know?

As for the Star Gazette building, it’s private property.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pvt Snowball said:

That should of been fixed years ago meanwhile the old star gazette building sit with asbestos or just the toxic wasting they pulled out of Elmira High School.

It should have been but it got to the point that it was getting ready to collapse into the building then it would. Cost millions more to demolish and replace 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 9:23 PM, Chris said:

Perhaps they didn’t have the money or decided to spend it elsewhere. We’d have to ask the previous mayor, maybe she’d know?

As for the Star Gazette building, it’s private property.

Meanwhile some of the people who went there got cancer I don't know if the 2 are linked but it something to worry about.

On 6/8/2024 at 12:43 PM, command_prompt said:

We have met Nick on several occasions and have nothing but positive things to say about him, both as a private citizen and a government official.

That a guy who never votes on anything ask him what has he done for his district?

7 hours ago, Pvt Snowball said:

Meanwhile some of the people who went there got cancer I don't know if the 2 are linked but it something to worry about.

That still isn’t the city government’s fault.

7 hours ago, Pvt Snowball said:

That a guy who never votes on anything ask him what has he done for his district?

Ask his constituents, they re-elected him, there must have been a reason.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pvt Snowball said:

Is this a question, statement, or request?

52 minutes ago, command_prompt said:

Is this a question, statement, or request?

Request 

16 hours ago, Pvt Snowball said:

Grasso vote's against the BS like council pay increase he voted against the 20 million dollar housing unit on church St  that was a waste 

• Like 1