Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Unpopular Opinion

Since eliminating gluten, I no longer eat macaroni salad......but any ‘mayo based’ salad (macaroni, potato, egg salad, or even tuna salad) should have some crunch in it. Otherwise its just a mushy pudding texture. Like baby food. 🤢🤮

Never had carrots, but it would be worth trying. Celery and/or onions – absolutely necessary. But they must be raw/fresh. because the only thing worse than having an intentionally mushy texture is mushy ingredients that are supposed to be crisp.

• Like 3

I do like chopped dill pickles in my potato salad.  

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 7:24 AM, Chris said:

You don’t like maple syrup on your breakfast sausage?!?

I was obviously adopted. Or you were.

Must be you were the adopted one. Breakfast sausage is gross and even more so when dipped in syrup

On 4/13/2024 at 6:38 AM, Hal said:

As long as the carrots aren’t stringy . Chopped small is good . 

yeah they were chopped small but having carrots is better than pickles onion or celery 

• Haha 1

I gotta admit... these posts are hilarious! I'll make a stab at my ideas of yum since I can't eat any of these items anymore - mustard only on hotdogs, no chili, no relish, no onions, definitely NO ketchup!! And NO mayo, gravy or anything else on french fries - just salt for the purist LOL!  Syrup on breakfast sausage - absolutely not!  But a big yes to homemade Dutch Balkenbrij covered with syrup like my mom-in-law used to make after a cow was butchered!! (It's like scrapple from the PA Dutch who are Deutsch, aka great German peoples, but NOT Dutch from Netherlands like me and my late hubby.)  And yes, dark chocolate is the best!  How I wish I could have some!!  Grated carrots in salads, not small chunks.  Miracle Whip? Nah!  And how could I forget a favorite I long for - Vita pickled herring!!  There's the Dutch in me - miss that sweet/sour raw pickled herring with onions!  LOL!

• Like 2