Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Dolly Parton, Eminem, Lionel Richie Among Rock Hall Nominees

NEW YORK (AP) — Dolly Parton, Eminem, Lionel Richie, Duran Duran and A Tribe Called Quest are among this year’s first-time nominees for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

The Cleveland-based institution announced 17 artists and groups being considered for Rock Hall induction, including Rage Against the Machine, Pat Benatar, Dionne Warwick, Carly Simon, Judas Priest and Beck.

Beck and Simon are also nominated for the first time. Eminem, who is playing the Super Bowl Halftime Show with Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar, earned a nomination in the first year he was eligible.

Read more. 

Who do you think should be inducted this year? Who, if anyone, do you think is long overdue?

It has been such a rough year for celebrities that I saw Dolly Parton and automatically thought the worst. 

• Like 1

Man, I don’t know about Dolly being inducted. But Duran Duran, Pat Benetar and Judas Priest are probably long overdue.

If Rage wants to be consistent, they won’t show. 😂 

On 2/2/2022 at 9:31 PM, Chris said:

Man, I don’t know about Dolly being inducted.

Apparently she feels the same way:

Dolly Parton has announced she is pulling out of this year’s nominations for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, saying she hasn’t “earned that right.”

The music icon who has been elected into the Country Music Hall of Fame explained her decision in a statement posted on her official social media pages Monday, noting she did not want to take votes away from the remaining nominees.

“Even though I am extremely flattered and grateful to be nominated for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, I don’t feel that I have earned that right. I really do not want votes to be split because of me, so I must respectfully bow out,” she wrote.

Source

14 hours ago, Chris said:

Apparently she feels the same way:

Source

She is one classy lady.

• Like 1