Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Current Events Chat

Have to wonder how those Troopers felt about being obligated to bring her to crash a solemn event, knowing that her presence would further add to the grief of the attendees.

🙁

And someone should ask her why a whole motorcade going round trip from Albany to Long Island wasn't all EV instead of gas guzzling SUVs . 

• Like 2

That’s why I can’t take any of them seriously about carbon reduction or whatever the hell it is they want; they’re the textbook definition of hypocrites.

I’ve watched that clip and others from different people several times. I smile every time. From what I read she was told that she was not welcome there and showed up anyway.

On 3/31/2024 at 8:11 AM, Chris said:

I’ve watched that clip and others from different people several times. I smile every time. From what I read she was told that she was not welcome there and showed up anyway.

Yep , Hochul, James and Bragg … all three were told “ stay your ass away “ but Krappy Kathy went anyway and got told “ where the bear shit in the buckwheat “ ! Sorry , that last colloquialism means , “ don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out “ ! 
And the look on her face was pure Gold LOL 😆 i could watch that all day . 
It’s about time these so called Representative's, at all levels , have the blood of Good Americans on their hands !! 

GOD IS ANGRY AND WILL BLOCK OUT THE SUN AT A PRE-SCHEDULED TIME AND DATE TO PROVE IT.... REPENT! REPENT!

Screen Shot 2024-04-05 at 6.04.37 PM.png

YAYUS … CAN I GET A WITNESS ?! . 

Blasphemous bastard aren’t I ? 

If ever a bigger moron walked the earth, they have some catching up to do.

I mean Marge, not you lol

• Haha 1

John Fetterman: "I am not woke."

On squatters:

“Squatters have no rights. How can you even pretend that this is anything other than you’re just breaking the law?” It’s wild, that if you go away on a long trip, for 30 days, and someone breaks into your home and suddenly they have rights. This is crazy. Like if somebody stole your car, and then they held it for 30 days, then somehow you now have some rights?"

Screen Shot 2024-04-07 at 10.44.04 AM.png

On soft-on-crime policies:

"I have gone to police funerals. If this individual is convicted, then he should spend the rest of his life and in prison, and never have an opportunity to get out. If you have those kinds of established records, It doesn’t serve any greater goal to allow people that are offending, offending, offending and allow them to not be held accountable. We have to be very smart and aggressive on crime."

Source: https://nypost.com/2024/04/06/us-news/fetterman-blasts-squatters-violent-crime-i-am-not-woke/

Am I the only one who is not only sick of hearing about it, but doesn't give a damn about the latest Trump courtroom drama?

MANHATTAN, N.Y. (PIX11) — A man set himself on fire on Friday outside the Lower Manhattan courthouse where former President Donald Trump is on trial, PIX11 News confirmed. 

The man walked into the park around 1:30 p.m., opened a bookbag, and threw pamphlets containing conspiracy theories into the air, according to NYPD Chief of Department James Maddrey. Police said he used an alcohol-based accelerant to light himself on fire.

A witness told PIX11 News they were standing next to the man when he poured a flammable liquid on himself, told her to stand back, and then lit himself on fire. The witness said he made statements of a political nature before the incident.

Source

WASHINGTON (AP) — The House has approved $95 billion in foreign aid for Ukraine, Israel and other U.S. allies in a rare weekend session as Democrats and Republicans banded together after months of hard-right resistance over renewed American support for repelling Russia’s invasion.

With an overwhelming vote Saturday, the $61 billion in aid for Ukraine passed in a matter of minutes, a strong showing as American lawmakers race to deliver a fresh round of U.S. support to the war-torn ally. Many Democrats cheered on the House floor and waved blue-and-yellow flags of Ukraine.

Aid to Israel and the other allies also won approval by healthy margins, as did a measure to clamp down on the popular platform TikTok, with unique coalitions forming to push the separate bills forward. The whole package will go to the Senate, which could pass it as soon as Tuesday. President Joe Biden has promised to sign it immediately.

Source

NEW YORK (AP) — Columbia canceled in-person classes, dozens of protesters were arrested at New York University and Yale, and the gates to Harvard Yard were closed to the public Monday as some of the most prestigious U.S. universities sought to defuse campus tensions over Israel’s war with Hamas.

More than 100 pro-Palestinian demonstrators who had camped out on Columbia’s green were arrested last week, and similar encampments have sprouted up at universities around the country as schools struggle with where to draw the linebetween allowing free expression while maintaining safe and inclusive campuses.

At New York University, an encampment set up by students swelled to hundreds of protesters throughout the day Monday. The school said it warned the crowd to leave, then called in the police after the scene became disorderly and the university said it learned of reports of “intimidating chants and several antisemitic incidents.” Shortly after 8:30 p.m., officers began making arrests.

Source

Has anyone noticed how, the more he recovers, the more John Fetterman seems to be moving to the center, politically speaking?

Like, he’s become the voice of most reason for the Democrats it feels like.

On 4/23/2024 at 1:16 PM, TTL News said:

Columbia canceled in-person classes, dozens of protesters were arrested at New York University and Yale,

As this spreads, I'm seeing reports that at least one or two colleges are canceling at least parts of their graduation ceremonies because of security concerns. 

Can you imagine, first your high school graduation is shot in the ass because of COVID, and then your college graduation because of this. 

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Chris said:

Has anyone noticed how, the more he recovers, the more John Fetterman seems to be moving to the center, politically speaking?

Like, he’s become the voice of most reason for the Democrats it feels like.

It’s pretty common throughout human history for life-altering challenges to be “revelatory” experiences.  Having to fight for oneself tends to inspire appreciation for what they have, as well as instilling a sense of "reverence" for self-reliance. And I am happy to see the change in him.

Granted, it’s also becoming much more common for people to be encouraged to claim victim status and veer toward an entitlement mentality when faced with challenges.

Fetterman “could” have that. Lots of people do. (“Whoa is me! I was dealt a shitty hand.  Now the world owes me!”).

But fortunately for him, it seems he may have discovered that, instead of “gimme” (because I’ve suffered) handouts that might make his handicap existence more tolerable.......his own motivation and perseverance has been far more effective in improving his circumstances.

Edited by MsKreed
  • Like 1