TTL News

New Farm To Table Restaurant Opening At Arnot Mall

After success as a food truck offering food made with fresh, regionally sourced ingredients, Ella’s Acres Homestead Kitchen has opened a restaurant at Arnot Mall to better serve their growing followers who often travel long distances to experience new foods and combinations.

Co-owners Markus Brown and his wife, Samantha Hernandez’s dream was to provide a scratch dining option based onfresh ingredients sourced from the growing bounty of the Finger Lakes Region. The ever-changing menu is determined by what area farmers have in season, ensuring patrons a variety of new tastes to explore.

Ella’s is open for dine-in or take-out on Fridays & Saturdays from 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., and on Sundays from 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. You can learn about current menus at the Ella’s Acres Facebook page or by calling (607) 333-5531. 

• Like 1

This seems like a good business idea, but man, I'm not so sure I'd do it at the mall. With the price of a lease there, you could get a stand alone place at a better location.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 8:39 AM, Chris said:

This seems like a good business idea, but man, I'm not so sure I'd do it at the mall. With the price of a lease there, you could get a stand alone place at a better location.

So i have wondered this myself as well especially when places are only open part time. Someone mentioned maybe they get a percent of the profit

On 3/7/2023 at 4:26 PM, Zapp Brannigan said:

So i have wondered this myself as well especially when places are only open part time. Someone mentioned maybe they get a percent of the profit

That is exactly how they are leasing spots at the mall right now and why we are seeing very small mom and pops going in who are open part time (or in the case of that bakery, very randomly).  The mall is leasing based on receipts.

I guess a little rent is better than no rent.

On 3/14/2023 at 9:15 PM, KarenK said:

That is exactly how they are leasing spots at the mall right now and why we are seeing very small mom and pops going in who are open part time (or in the case of that bakery, very randomly).  The mall is leasing based on receipts.

I guess a little rent is better than no rent.

imagine if they figured that out to begin with instead of pricing so many places out of there

• Like 1