Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Buffalo Earthquake Strongest In 40 Years

A small earthquake rumbled through Buffalo and western New York Monday morning, alarming people in a region unaccustomed to such shaking but apparently causing no significant damage.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey a 3.8-magnitude earthquake centered east of Buffalo in the suburb of West Seneca at 6:15 a.m. The earthquake occurred nearly 2 miles below the surface. Seismologist Yaareb Altaweel said it was the region's strongest quake in at least 40 years.

The shaking lasted several seconds and sent residents first to their windows and then to social media in search of an explanation.

Read more here. 

My buddy was in the Buffalo Airport when this happened and texted me shortly after. He said people were freaking out and that it was a little unnerving. But then he pointed out at least it wasn't a jet blowing up or something LOL

10 hours ago, Chris said:

My buddy was in the Buffalo Airport when this happened and texted me shortly after. He said people were freaking out and that it was a little unnerving. But then he pointed out at least it wasn't a jet blowing up or something LOL

i remember the one we had here a few years back, was an odd feeling to have movement occurring without actually doing so. thought i was having a spell at first.

on another point, wonder if it has any connection to the big one that hit Turkey

When Hubby and I were in Iceland (his duty station) our house was right on the coast.  You could see the Atlantic Ocean out our living room window.  A couple of pretty strong earthquakes hit, my first experience, and our house swayed back and forth, literally.  It was not something I’d want to experience ever again.

41 minutes ago, Ann said:

When Hubby and I were in Iceland (his duty station) our house was right on the coast.  You could see the Atlantic Ocean out our living room window.  A couple of pretty strong earthquakes hit, my first experience, and our house swayed back and forth, literally.  It was not something I’d want to experience ever again.

LOL , thats why our mattress and box spring were on the floor … oh that look on your face 😳when I explained that one !