Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Celebrity Obits 2022

This morning it was announced that Taylor Hawkins, drummer for rock group the Foo Fighters, was found dead in his hotel room while the band was on tour in Columbia.

No cause of death has been released, although some reports indicate Hawkins told hotel staff he was having chest pain.

C76F7F86-7CCA-4BBA-ACD2-DF9D89A9D956.jpeg

"The Foo Fighters family is devastated by the tragic and untimely loss of our beloved Taylor Hawkins. His musical spirit and infectious laughter will live on with all of us forever," the band said on Twitter. "Our hearts go out to his wife, children and family, and we ask that their privacy be treated with the utmost respect in this unimaginable difficult time."

Hawkins was fifty years old. 

Absolutely heart breaking. Watching him on stage was like watching pure joy in motion. This article does a nice job of describing that: https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2022/mar/26/taylor-hawkins-death-foo-fighters

I feel for the family of course, but then there’s Dave. He has to be absolutely destroyed by this. He and Taylor were best friends, self-professed brothers. On top of the loss of Kurt… damn. 

Plus the anniversary of Kurt's "suicide" is next week. Can't help but feel for Dave. 

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Can't help but feel for Dave. 

He seems like such a genuinely awesome guy, so yeah, I definitely feel for the guy.

They released the preliminary toxicology reports. Really no surprise for a rockstar that died in Columbia. 

"The report said a urine toxicology test was carried out on Hawkins and 10 substances were found, including THC, tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines and opioids."

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/03/26/entertainment/taylor-hawkins-preliminary-toxicology-screening/index.html

Here's a recent appearance at Lollapalooza ( NSFW - Language ) wherre Taylor does a cover of "Somebody To Love" at the 1:11:30 mark:

As expected, the Foo Fighters have canceled all shows for the remainder of the year: 

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 9.37.38 AM.png

My daughter expected this, but is still upset because she has tickets to the show in NYC. 

Aw man, that sucks. I hope she got a chance to see them in the past, I don't know if they'll be back. Dave almost gave up music after Kurt died. 

I just saw a pic someone took of the band as they arrived home in LA.

Again, I don’t want to downplay the pain Taylor’s family is going through. But the agony on Dave’s face… damn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Aw man, that sucks. I hope she got a chance to see them in the past, I don't know if they'll be back. Dave almost gave up music after Kurt died. 

Nope, She has been waiting for the opportunity to see them. Hopefully they come back. 

NEW YORK (AP) — Foo Fighters will honor the rock band’s late drummer Taylor Hawkins with a pair of tribute concerts in September — one in London and the other in Los Angeles.

The twin shows will take place Sept. 3 at London’s Wembley Stadium and Sept. 27 at The Kia Forum in Inglewood, California, featuring “his bandmates and his inspirations playing the songs that he fell in love with, and the ones he brought to life,” the band said in a statement. Lineups for each show will be announced at a later date.

Hawkins died March 25 during a South American tour with the rock band. He was 50.

Taylor’s wife, Alison, took to social media to thank the band and its fans for their support. “In celebration of his life, is now up to all of us who loved him most to honor Taylor’s legacy and the music he gave us.”

Hawkins was Alanis Morissette’s touring drummer when he joined Foo Fighters in 1997, first appearing with the band on the tour supporting its sophomore album “The Colour & The Shape.”

Source

Dave Grohl fans were left in tears as the musician started crying during a Foo Fighters performance at the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert.

The fundraiser event was held in honour of the 50-year-old drummer, who was found dead in his Colombia hotel room in March.

Fans flocked to London’s Wembley Stadium for the six-hour long concert, which saw Grohl joined by many stars, including Paul McCartney, Liam Gallagher, Mark Ronson and Ted Lasso star Jason Sudeikis.

In the most memorable moment from the event, Hawkins’ 16-year-old son Oliver Shane “crushed” a performance of Foo Fighters track “My Hero” after drumming in his late dad’s spot.

Source

I can't find any good footage of Dave singing "Times Like These" right now, which sucks because it was completely gut-wrenching and real.

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 12.07.45 PM.png 

Here's cell phone footage which isn't as good as the broadcast, but you get it:

Watching Taylor's 16 year old son pound the drums was amazing. You can see every bit of pain, frustration, and a hint of his dad in his playing:

Gallagher, the observational and prop comedian known for smashing watermelons as part of his act, has died at the age of 76.

TMZ reports that Gallagher passed away Friday, November 11th, under hospice care. He had been in ill health after suffering several heart attacks in recent years.

Born July 24th, 1946 as Leo Anthony Gallagher Jr., he graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering in 1970 but chose a life in show business, first as the road manager for songwriter and comedian Jim Stafford, and then striking out on his own. In 1980, he released An Uncensored Evening on Showtime, which is credited as the first standup comedy special to air on cable television.

During his heyday in the 1980s, Gallagher was one of the most popular acts in comedy, filming 17 specials and becoming a mainstay on Showtime and HBO. His signature bit involved using a large wooden mallet — which he called the “Sledge-O-Matic” — to smash watermelons and other objects. The segment actually began as a parody of the Veg-O-Matic commercials that saturated television in the 1960s, but Gallagher’s wit ensured that the Slede-O-Matic lasted long after the Veg-O-Matic had been all but forgotten.

Read more here.

And for those who have no idea what Sledge-o-matic is:

He had fun while on stage … loved the Sledge-o-Matic ! It slices , it dices , it even makes … sets cabbage on table … Cole slaw 😂 ! Guy had a smile that told you he was up to something RIP Gallagher … 

I recall WENY used to show his routines in the weekend now and then, and even censored they were hysterical.

I once did a graphic design project based on him and the Sledge-O-Matic. A letterhead for Gallagher I think. Got me a good grade on that one.

(CNN)Singer Lisa Marie Presley, the only daughter of the late Elvis Presley and Priscilla Presley, died Thursday, hours after being hospitalized following an apparent cardiac arrest, her mother said. 

She was 54.

Lisa Marie Presley had been rushed to the hospital earlier in the day, her mother said on Instagram.

"Please keep her and our family in your prayers. We feel the prayers from around the world, and ask for privacy during this time," her statement said at the time. 

TMZ was first to report the news of Lisa Marie Presley's hospitalization on Thursday.

See the rest here.

I always felt like she had a rough life in some ways. It's not enough to be the daughter of "The King" but then you have people wanting to be with you simply because you're Elvis' kid. 

I thought she was older than 54.