TTL News

Hochul Signs Legislation Allowing Individuals To Become One Day Marriage Officiants

Governor Kathy Hochul today signed legislation (S.739A/A.6300A) into law, creating a new path for people over the age of 18 to apply for 'one-day designation,' authorizing them to solemnize a single marriage on a specified day in the State of New York.   

"Joining individuals in marriage is a beautiful moment that should be shared with an officiant selected by the spouses-to-be," Governor Hochul said. "By signing this legislation into law, we are eliminating any barriers to becoming an officiant so friends and family members can share such a meaningful time with loved ones of their choosing and have their marriage recognized under New York State law."        

Legislation (S.739A/A.6300A) amends the domestic relations law to enable individuals to apply for permission to be designated as an officiant in order to solemnize a particular couple's marriage. 

Just think how much better off  New Yorkers are with this new Law in place ?! Hell I’m just feelin all warm and fuzzy about my heating bills  already ! And I believe the violent crime rate just bottomed out ! Anyone else feeling all giddy right now ? 

2 hours ago, Hal said:

Just think how much better off  New Yorkers are with this new Law in place ?! Hell I’m just feelin all warm and fuzzy about my heating bills  already ! And I believe the violent crime rate just bottomed out ! Anyone else feeling all giddy right now ? 

Just reading that to Dave and said almost the same thing.  What an important law to put into place!  We are so much better off for this.

• Like 1