MsKreed

Cuomo's "Digital Passport" Lacks Privacy Policy, Transparency

But the governor’s office and IBM, neither of which provided comment for this article, have been stingy with details, like how exactly the app works behind the scenes or why New Yorkers should trust this software with their sensitive health information. The answer to both of these questions is simply: blockchain. The press release from Cuomo’s office assures users that “robust privacy protections are woven throughout the digital health pass solution” without giving any details whatsoever as to what these protections are or what might make them robust. IBM’s public material about the system is similarly devoid of specifics.

“Gov. Cuomo gave us screenshots of the user interface, but he never even published a privacy policy,” said Albert Fox Cahn, executive director of the New York-based Surveillance Technology Oversight Project. “We have no idea how this data can be tracked and if it’s accessible to police.”

Read more HERE

If it's digital, you can almost guarantee there's no privacy. When something is free, it is not the product, YOU ARE.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris said:

When something is free, it is not the product, YOU ARE.

Its not a free product, it's a government funded service. Like covid tests and vaccines.

It's paranoia to think anyone could reap a profit from the "unprecedented crisis" or providing altruistic public education and vital community services. ..to help us adjust to the new normal.

I used to belive in wild conspiracies like this too.....but it's been explained to me by friends and fact checkers that it's crazy to think there is some vague omnipotent "they" out there that would have any incentive to advance false or overhyped narratives.

1 hour ago, MsKreed said:

I used to belive in wild conspiracies like this too.....but it's been explained to me by friends and fact checkers that it's crazy to think there is some vague omnipotent "they" out there that would have any incentive to advance false or overhyped narratives.

There's a balance between the two I think. Is the whole pandemic a complete hoax so government can make us wear a mask for some nefarious reason I can't fathom? I don't think so. Is it out of the realm of possibility that some scumbags high up see an opportunity to make a profit out of a crisis? Of course not, that's been going on from Day 1. 

3 hours ago, Chris said:

There's a balance between the two I think. Is the whole pandemic a complete hoax so government can make us wear a mask for some nefarious reason I can't fathom?

Seems to me like the “balance” I’ve seen over and over is that any suggestion of The Covids being anything less than an existential threat to the human race has been equated to “the whole pandemic a complete hoax”.

I think most skeptics believe that this coronavirus is no more of a hoax than N1H1, Ebola, Spanish Flu, Hong Kong Flu, seasonal flu, HPV or Small Pox. But its threat level has been hyped as if it surpasses all of those diseases combined. It doesn’t.

There is an excellent book titled “Innumeracy” that is a fascination exploration of how easily influenced we are when it comes to risks, rewards, and threats we encounter… because most people are illiterate in the concept of probability and large numbers.  It sort of explains how so many people can have a distorted understanding of the scope and prevalence of various events and situations.

I think the “engineers” behind the Social Experiment have a very clear grasp of worldwide “innumeracy” and how to use it to their advantage. It just seems incredibly gullible to me for anyone to think the giants of persuasion are using that power for relatively small potatoes like manipulating shopping habits on an individual level…. But can’t fathom targeting the same strategies toward large scale profits like landing trillion dollar government contracts across the globe.

Why would we expect that anyone would settle for petty shop-lifting at the Dollar General if they have the means to pull off an Antwerp Diamond heist?

I actually ran into a buddy last night who signed up for this. He said he signed in, confirmed the date and location he had his vaccinations ( I assume the county and state share that info anyhow ) and then he was all set. 

At this point I'm not a huge fan of having to show proof of vaccinations to attend certain events though. Even I have to admit, it's a slippery slope to start down. 

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I actually ran into a buddy last night who signed up for this. He said he signed in, confirmed the date and location he had his vaccinations ( I assume the county and state share that info anyhow ) and then he was all set. 

At this point I'm not a huge fan of having to show proof of vaccinations to attend certain events though. Even I have to admit, it's a slippery slope to start down. 

At this point in time, that's a NOPE for me.

14 hours ago, Chris said:

Even I have to admit, it's a slippery slope to start down. 

MV5BMTU1MTYwNjE5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDk2NDkwMDE@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg