Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

Weird! The Al Yankovic story

The movie is only available on Roku TV so I am not sure how many people will see it.  It is not a movie I would normally like, because I am not a fan of slap stick comedy. 

The movie makes fun of other biopics about rock stars including drug and alcohol use and dating other music stars. It makes fun of the overnight sensations that a lot of musicians are called. 

From what I read he did it this way he has had had no controversy or scandals so his story would be boring.

Weird Al is played by Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter)

Dr Demento who I used to listen to Sunday nights on 94 Rock is played by Rainn Wilson (Dwight from The Office)

It has a ton of other people pretending to be stars like Dali, Pee Wee, Alice Cooper. It really is a funny movie and not meant to be taken seriously.

All the songs are sung by Weird Al himself, but Daniel Radcliffe did learn to play the accordion for the movie.

Looks interesting. Part of me wonders if some of it isn't a joke, but I guess ya never know. 

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Dr Demento who I used to listen to Sunday nights on 94 Rock is played by Rainn Wilson (Dwight from The Office)

It's a good likeness. I was a faithful listener of the good doctor myself back in the day. Those damn chewing gum ads drove me nuts: "Chew on this..."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chris said:

Looks interesting. Part of me wonders if some of it isn't a joke, but I guess ya never know. 

Most of not all of the movie is a joke. Once you see it you will understand.

We finally watched this last night and it was so stupid it was funny. Exactly what I’d expect from Weird Al.

Honestly, I laughed my ass off. Especially the Jim Morrison-esque scene: “You want me to whip it out?” LMAO

• Like 1