TTL News

Lt. Governor Benjamin Arrested On Campaign Finance Fraud-Related Charges

New York Lt. Gov. Brian Benjamin has surrendered to authorities to face campaign finance fraud-related charges in connection with a past campaign, two people familiar with the matter said Tuesday. 

Benjamin is expected to appear in Manhattan federal court later Tuesday. Gov. Kathy Hochul's office couldn't immediately be reached for comment on the arrest, nor could a representative for Benjamin. 

His arrest comes after reports that Manhattan federal prosecutors and the FBI were investigating whether Benjamin knowingly engaged in a campaign finance fraud scheme. Subpoenas were issued in connection with the investigation, two sources familiar with the subpoenas said at the time.

See the rest here.

55 minutes ago, TwinTiersLiving said:

Gov. Kathy Hochul's office couldn't immediately be reached for comment on the arrest, nor could a representative for Benjamin. 

Couldn't be reached......Translation: did not want to respond. LOL

46 minutes ago, Ann said:

Now I know who the Lt. Governor was 😉

I was just telling David about this and that he resigned.  I had to google again to find his name.  lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, KarenK said:

I was just telling David about this and that he resigned.  I had to google again to find his name.  lol

Thank you, now I don’t feel so bad lol.