Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

"Oh My God, Stop That!"

Posting everything about your life on social media.... "Influencers"... Fad travel drinking cups (like Stanley) that cost more than a tank of gas...The broccoli hairdo on men...TikTok...

What's a thing that's currently "in" nowadays but you think is purely cringeworthy and needs to stop?

generally by the time i realize something is "in"....its out

The first thing I thought of was being a "content creator."

More and more I'm seeing people put this on their profile. Some of them are really chasing those pennies social media platforms like Facebook pay out, posting mutlipe times a day. Some are on topics that leave me wondering how someone has time to actually do the things they're posting about? And for what, twenty bucks every couple months?

Content creator.... from the moment anyone signs up for an account and posts "have a nice day," they're creating content. And to be beholden to a social media platform who can erase all the things you "created" in a button click? No thanks, not for me. Seriously, collecting cans will make you more money in the long run. 

But as labeling one's self a "content creator," or even worse, an "influencer'? GTFO. 

On 3/25/2024 at 8:33 PM, Adam said:

generally by the time i realize something is "in"....its out

Lol Same!!

• Like 1

This “influencer” shit has got to stop.

Seriously, by whose authority are you someone worthy of being a person of influence?

”Content creators” perhaps?

People need to stop making their politics part of their personality, particularly online. I don’t know how many times in a day I see someone’s profile read “proud lib” or “MAGA”.

No one really cares! Is that the best you have to offer the world about what you are? And honestly, I find these type of people to be people I don’t want to be around anyway. 

• Like 1