Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Jason Kelce Announces Retirement

CNN — Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce is retiring from the NFL, the 36-year-old announced at an emotional news conference Monday.

Likely a future Pro Football Hall of Famer, Kelce is a seven-time Pro Bowler and six-time All-Pro selection. He spent his entire 13-season NFL career with the Eagles, including the team’s 2018 Super Bowl win.

During a lengthy news conference lasting around 40 minutes, Kelce broke down in tears on numerous occasions as he explained what football has meant to him during his childhood and professional career.

“I’ve been asked many times why did I choose football, what drew me to the game, and I never have an answer that gets it right,” he said. "The best way I can explain it is what draws you to your favorite song, your favorite book. It’s what it makes you feel – the seriousness of it, the intensity of it. Stepping on the field was the most alive and free I had ever felt.”

Following the Eagles’ 32-9 playoff loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in January, it was reported Kelce had told his teammates he was retiring. However, he declined to make his retirement official, raising the question of whether he might return for one final year with the Eagles. But on Monday, he tearfully announced the end of his playing career at a news conference attended by his family and Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni.

See the rest here.

wish it was his brother and his girlfreind

Yeah, too bad only one of the Kelce brothers seems to have gotten the “good guy” gene. Jason seems like a good guy, and I saw a clip of his press conference. The game really was his passion and dream come true. 

18 hours ago, Rod said:

wish it was his brother and his girlfreind

Imagine the song she’ll sing when they eventually part ways.