TTL News

Elmira Heights Central School District: No Comment On Transgender Student Denied Access To Girl's Bathroom

ELMIRA HEIGHTS, N.Y. (WENY) -- Tensions ran high at the Elmira Heights Central School District school board meeting on Wednesday night.  The school district did not comment on the matter, but according to social media posts, a transgender elementary student was reportedly denied access to a girl's bathroom by a teacher.  The teacher is no longer with the district.  Some people on social media agreed that the teacher was in the right by not allowing the student access to bathroom, while others came to the defense of the student, saying they're just a child and it's not their fault.

When asked if the school board could confirm or deny if such an incident occurred, Superintendent Michael F. Gill said, "We do not make comments about any students or staff circumstances."

Read the rest here. 

Alcohol : Brains not developed enough until 21

Sex: Not mature enough to consent until 18

Guns: Not mature enough to purchase until 18/21 

Contract age: Not mature enough until 18

“I want to change my gender.” “How brave!” Regardless of age.  

Look, I don’t care what an adult decides to do to or call themselves. What I do have a problem with is children being so young and either being exposed to conversations about sexuality or adults in their life going to such extremes because the kid says one day they wanna be ____. I wanted to be a ninja before I was 10 years old for chrissakes, but my parents didn’t change my name to something more Eastern and dress me in ninja gear!

We need to pump the brakes on this topic a little. And even me saying that out loud makes me a bad person to many.

If the teacher told the kid they couldn’t use whatever bathroom they identified with, he did, in fact, violate state law. Which shouldn’t come as a surprise because they drill the students rights laws into school staff brains every school year. 

As for bathrooms, I don’t understand why Americans get so bent out of shape about who pisses where. Take the space that’s already available, split them into smaller, “one-holer”, gender-neutral bathrooms and problem solved.

• Like 3

This isn't even about the bathroom anymore.

Several posts I saw from people who know the parents who pitched a fit, indicated they have been dressing that child as a girl since he was 2.  The whole thing is just bizarre to me.

• Like 2

This whole thing is BS.  If you have a penis use the boy’s/men’s restroom, a vagina use the women’s/girl’s restroom.  The same with sports.
I’m tired of the majority of people being forced to accept concepts or language that doesn’t make sense because of how a few individuals feel.  Do what you have to do to live your life without interfering with others.  Just my opinion.