Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

The "Masters Of The Universe" Movie Is Finally Happening After 20 Years In Development

Move aside, Barbie. The newest Mattel toy to get the big screen treatment is the massively successful Masters of the Universe franchise, a toy line that launched multiple animated television series in the past decades, a cult classic live-action film, and now two different Netflix series. But there’s always been one missing piece to this cultural mainstay: a new live-action film to bring He-Man and friends to the same level as the MCU and the DC Universe.

After 20 years of trying, it looks like the winning strategy may be to go back to basics. 

Deadline reports Bumblebee director and Laika Animation CEO Travis Knight is in final negotiations to direct a Masters of the Universe live-action movie. He’s a perfect fit for the film: not only does he have experience in both animation and live-action, but Bumblebee came in under budget for a Transformers movie. This is a huge plus for this movie in particular, as it’s been in development hell for decades.

Read more here. 

Like Chronicles of Amber, I'll believe It when I see it. 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Like Chronicles of Amber, I'll believe It when I see it. 

I would love to see a Chronicles of Amber movie.

22 hours ago, Ann said:

I would love to see a Chronicles of Amber movie.

It's supposed to be in development, ( more a series I think ) but I'm sure the recent strikes caused yet another delay.