Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Super Bowl 58 Mega Thread

Other than hoping to see Mahomes lose, im not really invested in this.

Anheuser Busch should have never let the Clydesdales fall to the marketing wayside. I saw them once when they came to Elmira and they’re even more magnificent in person.

From USA Today article: "Lift Every Voice and Sing" was written by former NAACP leader James Weldon Johnson. It essentially calls for the liberation of Black Americans. It's more commonly known as the Black national anthem."

the Author goes on further to bemoan the lack of unity....well when you claim that blacks in his Country are in need of liberation in the 21st century, its kind of hard not be offended.

to refer to the song as the "black National Anthem" further incites ire and division as doing so implies that there is a Black Nation, seemingly separate from the one Nation indivisible we've all lived under from at least the the 1970's till today. I'm not really invested in the super bowl but for hosting the 2 anthems, im really not going to be watching it anytime soon for what its worth

I've gotten good at ignoring some things in this world. Stuff like this is one of them. 

Well that Super Bowl was a super dud. There was some great defense played, but honestly the game wasn't overly exciting in my book. And of course the f---king Chiefs won. 

I used to like them and had respect for Mahomes, but this past year he has been an arrogant, whiny puke and really, the whole team have an air of entitlement. And don't get me started on the whole Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift soap opera. I really wanted to see the Chiefs get knocked down a peg, but I guess the 49ers didn't have it in them. Though I have to say, it is pretty impressive for a 24 year old QB to be in the Super Bowl. 

And in what world is behavior like this okay?

He should have been benched, if not thrown out for that kind of behavior. But of course he's a star player, and his girlfriend is making the NFL a lot of money by just showing up, so I'm sure nothing will be said or done. 

The ads sucked for the most part, and the half-time show was a complete snooze. Although I'll give them credit, it looked and sounded like they were singing live.

We need a Foo Fighters half-time show. 

• Like 1

Watched my first Super Bowl ever and was so underwhelmed.  I thought the commercials were mediocre and the half time show nothing to write home about.  My first and last Super Bowl…….well, maybe if the Bills make it next year I might tune in.  😉

IMG_6147.jpeg

Can you imagine the media storm if Diggs acted like Kelce did?

Inexcusable, and if I were Reid I’d have benched his ass for the entire world and his billionaire girlfriend to see.