TTL News

Rochester Crash Being Investigated As Domestic Terrorism

CNN — A deadly car crash outside a New Year’s concert in Rochester, New York, is being investigated as domestic terrorism after the suspect allegedly left a suicide note and journal in his hotel room, according to a source familiar with the investigation.

The suspect has been identified as Michael Avery from Syracuse, the source said, and his family has been interviewed by investigators.

The FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force is investigating after two vehicles – one laden with gas canisters – crashed and plowed into the crowd outside the concert at the Kodak Center, killing two people and injuring five others.

Revelers were walking on a crosswalk outside the venue at around 12:50 a.m. Monday when a Ford SUV slammed into a Mitsubishi Outlander that was leaving a nearby parking lot, Rochester Police Chief David Smith said at a news conference Monday.

The force of the crash sent the vehicles through a group of pedestrians who were on the crosswalk, Smith said.

Read more here.

I see now they're saying this isn't domestic terrorism. 

Seems kinda strange to have two cars crash and burst into flames in New York State in such a short time span. 

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I see now they're saying this isn't domestic terrorism. 

Seems kinda strange to have two cars crash and burst into flames in New York State in such a short time span. 

Guess I would need to know what constitutes domestic terrorism.  The guy had a carload of full gasoline cans.  Clearly his intent was to blow up something.  I'm not sure he planned on that Uber driver pulling out in front of him.

I would come out of my usual spot in the periphery and add my opinion here . 
Those that are in the position of just what to call a violent act seem afraid to just come out and call these “acts “ just what they are . 
They cannot seem to call this car bombing in Rochester an act of domestic terror nor can they bring themselves to call the murder of an Imam outside of a Mosque an assassination , sorry the timing and World temperament lead me to this conclusion . I’m going to go out on that seemingly weak limb by offering that these so called acts of whatever will continue and escalate with the increase in the hoards of Illegal Immigrants invading the Southern Border . 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Hal