TTL News

For A Holiday Craft That Creates Light, Try Making Marbled Candles By Hand

Candles, already an integral part of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and New Year’s Eve, can be made even more special when they carry a personal touch. Try marbleizing them by hand, or simply using candlelight in creative ways.

Screen Shot 2023-12-15 at 11.07.17 AM.png

Paula Lavender Tucker of Bellows Falls, Vermont, started marbleizing simple white candles about five years ago. Before that, she marbleized quilt fabrics. Both are for sale at her Etsy site, HippyDippyDyed.

She recommends learning how to marbleize candles with only two or three colors, and the holidays carry traditional color combinations: red, green and white for Christmas; blue and white for Hanukkah; red, green and black for Kwanzaa; and black, white and gold, or dark blue, light blue and white for New Year’s Eve.

Read more as well as see how to make marbled candles HERE

• Like 1

Sounds like a great project for Ann.  She loves that kind of stuff.  I am definitely not a crafter at heart.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KarenK said:

Sounds like a great project for Ann.  She loves that kind of stuff.  I am definitely not a crafter at heart.

I know how to melt wax but I’ve never tried candles.  They are very pretty. I read the article and it looks easy enough.

Edited by Ann
Add comment.