Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

These Five Toys Are Regular Finalists For Hall Of Fame Honors - Now Fans Can Vote One In

These Five Toys Are Regular Finalists For Hall Of Fame Honors - Now Fans Can Vote One In  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of the finalists gets your pic?

• Pogo Stick
    • Fisher Price Corn Popper
    • My Little Pony
    • PEZ Dispenser
    • Transformers

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — They are playfully called the “forgotten five”: A handful of toys — the pogo stick, the Fisher-Price Corn Popper, My Little Pony, PEZ dispensers, and Transformers — that regularly approach toybox royalty as finalists for the National Toy Hall of Fame, only to be tossed back on the pile.

For one of them, this is the year they finally make it in. The Hall of Fame is letting fans decide which one.

Toys usually are chosen for the annual induction ceremony with input from a panel of historians, educators and other experts. The members vote for their top three out of a dozen finalists that have been selected by an internal committee from among thousands of nominations that come in each year.

See more here.

Pick your favorite in our poll!

We had this when the boys were small, it drove my husband nuts.  It was also my favorite toy to give on a first birthday 😂

• Haha 1

Man, this is a tough one for me. Being an early 80’s kid I am naturally drawn to the Transformers. They weren’t a huge deal to me, but still.

However I see a couple toys, namely the popper, the Pez, and the pogo stick that span generations. So it should be one of those.

The pogo stick, through age alone, deserves a look. But it’s hey day ended a couple generations ago whereas Pez dispensers are still a thing. PLUS, they have a cross promo with so many aspects of pop culture. But then again, is it really a toy?

Just about every generation from the past fifty years has had the corn popper. Its notoriety as both an annoying gift received and a wickedly fun gift to give new parents makes it stand out.  

So I’d have to give the Fisher Price Corn popper the nod. 

• Like 2

The Fisher Price Corn Popper has taken its place in the hall of fame along with baseball cards, NERF toys, and Cabbage Patch Kid dolls.

Source

• Like 2