Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

The Trippiest Kids Shows Of The 70's And 80's

Last week, I wrote an article on the Nickelodeon TV Show You Can’t Do That on Television, surely the genesis for writing this piece, as that show would surely appear on this list. It got me thinking about just how strange many of the kids’ TV shows of the 70s and 80s were, contemplating what, besides sheer fun, the creators were thinking. How many of these bizarre, but ultimately classic, TV shows do you remember?

Loading video

The New Zoo Revue
From 1972-1977, The New Zoo Revue was a syndicated children’s that delighted with its three quirky animal characters. Freddie was a clueless but loveable Frog, Henrietta was a fussy, well-mannered Hippopotamus with a southern accent, and Charlie was a crotchety know-it-all owl. Guided and advised by two humans, Doug and Emmy Jo, the show aspired to teach kids important lessons through song and dance. The New Zoo Revue was an award-winning program, highly regarded for its gentle and colorful way of reaching kids.

See some more here.

Is there a show you'd add to this list?

I don’t know how I managed to view The Gigglesnort Hotel” but I remember seeing it as a kid. Pretty weird:

PeeWees Playhouse where Cowboy Curtis was played by Laurence Fishburne. 

• Like 1