Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

How 13 Of Your Views On Pop Culture Have Changed Over Time

It's weird how the same movies, music, games, shows, and other pop culture looks completely different to you, over time. It's not that the world has changed (although it has); you have.

We asked our readers to show us their reactions to well-known entertainment when it first came out, and how they view it now. Then we took turns telling each other to get off our lawns. For Example: 

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 9.37.32 AM.png

See the rest here. 

Do you agree with any of these? Can you think of any other examples of how your perception of something has changed over time?

Well I can definitely agree when it comes to MTV! And I have to say I think South Park goes a little overboard nowadays. 

Maybe they've changed the ingredients, maybe they haven't, but years ago I observed that, as an adult, Spaghetios taste like crap. 

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Maybe they've changed the ingredients, maybe they haven't, but years ago I observed that, as an adult, Spaghetios taste like crap. 

They always reminded me of that barf aftertaste.  I always preferred Chef Boyarde spaghetti with meatballs lol.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

They always reminded me of that barf aftertaste

That is a very good description.

• Haha 1

Food has changed. Take soda as an example. High fructose corn syrup. They are definitely adding different chemicals to our foods. Read a label I bet there are words on the ingredients you would struggle to pronounce. 

As far as TV and things like games. I don't think they've changed. Sure Chris said MTV has changed and it has but the types of shows and movies are all repetive just telling the same storyline a little differently each time until they hit a homerun to make it stick. 

You do grow older so what interests you as you age may change true. 

South Park is such a different show from when it started. It used to be a show about nothing. The late 200s or early 2010s it started mocking society and how dumb it is. That's when I started getting into it. The older ones weren't bad but ran stake and I didn't watch every episode. Now I do. The only thing I hate about it now is fewwrr episodes a season. The funniest part about South Park is the majority of the audience doesn't realize they are being made fun of. But all the trendies love to watch it. I'm not a trends person in the slightest but it is the one trend thing I suppose I'm into.