Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Sam Elliot On 1883 And Achieving His Best At 78: "There's Not Going To Be A Better One"

In Taylor Sheridan’s interconnected “Yellowstone” TV shows, Sam Elliott is proud to be No. 1. His prequel “1883” was the first “Yellowstone” spinoff.

“I’m glad I was there at the beginning and not three or four or five shows down the line,” said Elliott, who played Shea Brennan, a guide tasked with helping Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and Isabel May’s characters migrate west to settle land. The role earned him a Screen Actors Guild award earlier this year.

“1883,” which debuted in 2021 exclusively on the Paramount+ streaming service, tells the beginning of the “Yellowstone” saga about Kevin Costner’s John Dutton, who is the patriarch of a powerful rancher family in Montana. “1883′s” 10-episodes are now airing Sundays on the Paramount Network, giving more people a chance to watch.

Prior to joining “1883,” Elliott had watched a little bit of “Yellowstone” because his sister is a big fan.

“I just watched a half an hour with her one day, and it reminded me of ‘Dallas,’” he said.

Read the rest here. 

When filming wrapped, Elliott kept a badge his character wore in all of his scenes.

“The prop man gave it to me on the last day,” he said. “I was wearing my own spurs. I always wear my own spurs.”

Emphasis on that last part mine. That, ladies and gentlemen, is why Sam Elliot is a legend. 

I haven't seen "1923" yet but I hear it's pretty good. I don't know if anything, even the original "Yellowstone" can top "1883" though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Emphasis on that last part mine. That, ladies and gentlemen, is why Sam Elliot is a legend. 

I haven't seen "1923" yet but I hear it's pretty good. I don't know if anything, even the original "Yellowstone" can top "1883" though. 

Agree, 1883 was an awesome show.