Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

"10 Creative Hobby Ideas To Try This Year"

Looking for some new creative hobby ideas to express your creativity? Here are some ideas you can easily try at home without a big investment other than your creativity! It is never too late to find a new passion!

Last night, while scrolling on Instagram, I saw an advertisement for a course: learn how to paint with acrylic paint. I was very curious about it. It sounded like a great idea for a new hobby to try.

I remembered a book I started to listen last week called Big Magic – Creative Living Beyond Fear written by Elizabeth Gilbert where she encourages everyone to be creative without the fear of not being good enough. 

That made me think about other fun and creative hobbies I should try and quickly had a list in my mind. Creativity comes in a lot of forms and these are only 10 creative hobby ideas out of an interminable list. The point is not to feel overwhelmed, but inspired to learn something new and maybe discover a new passion…you never know ’till you try! Right? 

Here are 10 hobbies you could try in the next few months to boost your creativity and discover passions that don't include a screen:

1. Learn How To Paint

This one sounds so fun to me, can’t wait to try. Acrylic, watercolor, oil painting or sketching, or whatever other technique you choose to try, this is a great way to express your creativity. Playing with colors and texture is a great way to learn more about art. 

I tried to reproduce a painting last year just for fun. As you probably already know, I quickly realized it’s not as easy as I thought and started appreciating more the work of true artists. If you want to laugh take a look at my experiment trying to replicate an Anthropology painting.

See the rest of the list here. 

How about you? Have you decided to try a new hobby or creative outlet this year? We'd love to hear about it!

The Wife started painting in acrylics this last year , took to it like a duck to water ! I have enough hobbies to keep myself busy but have gotten back to restoring a couple vintage Sears garden tractors . Parts are hard to track down but the fun is in the hunt ! 

• Like 1

Like Hal I have many hobbies gathering dust, but I always start new one. 

I have taken to trying to learn the harmonica. Learn to play at least 1 song on an instrument is on my bucket list.

I have also started to learn ventriloquism, because why not. 

• Like 2

I don't know that I'm gonna start anything new per se, but I'll perhaps just try to make better use of my time and enjoy the activities I'm already involved in. Although I suppose i could list "lawn care" as a new hobby, because if you've seen our yard right now, holy hell does it need some care.