Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Bear Frequenting Horseheads Neighborhood Could Face Euthanasia

I'd like to know what kind of fine that idjit is facing. Needs to be larger enough to be a deterrent for other idjits.

Also....mid-March isn't exactly "the dead of winter".  Not sure if that guy has a real understanding of how it works. LOL

Even though we still have snow, the days get longer as the Equinox approaches and they emerge from hibernation. The lingering snow just makes it harder for food to be foraged, so they wander toward human habitat. 

"A fed bear is a dead bear."

I hope whoever thought it was cute to feed it is happy with themselves. You just caused its probable demise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MsKreed said:

'd like to know what kind of fine that idjit is facing. Needs to be larger enough to be a deterrent for other idjits.

“ according to the news the person who was feeding the bear received a citation from the DEC “ .This from the Chemung County Bear site , quite a few comments were removed and i almost think i remember seeing a fine of $1,000 but dont quote me please as you know things can be exaggerated on FB ( the hell you say , she says lol ) . 
Feeding the bears , literally to death , is a stupid , cruel and asinine way to get that 15 minutes of fame from that baited pic , and that corn pile was big ! 

According to WETM news, the property owner where a trap to catch the bear was located has asked them to remove it.

The general consensus in the comments section is, “Good, leave the bear alone.”

Until someone is hurt or killed, then I’m sure they’ll sing a different song.