TTL News

Rampant Cheating Suspected In State's Driver Permit Program

But with the at-home, online testing authorized last year, DMV workers say there have been a high number of individuals who apparently cheat or have others take the tests for them. 

The 50-question online driver's test normally takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete, Cuomo and state officials said last year. But DMV workers said in many instances individuals who take the online tests are completing them — often with perfect scores — in less than seven minutes. 

In an effort to tighten the security of the process, the Department of Motor Vehicles recently added a feature so that the image of the person taking the online test is captured four times during the exam, including at the beginning and the end. If the applicant passes the online test, they must bring a print-out of their results and also documents affirming their address and identification to a motor vehicle office to be issued a permit.

During that verification process, the DMV clerks now compare the images of the person who took the online test to the person standing before them.

See the rest here.

As I said elsewhere, this may explain the amount of red lights I see people run every day. 

• Like 1

If they have to go to the DMV to get the permit anyway, why not just start giving the tests there again?

• Like 2

And to think that someone gets paid to come up with this sh*t !! 
And as i sit here on the porch a prime example of this whole circus of fools just treated a STOP sign like a YIELD sign … so yeah hey lets just give the road test on line as well !!