Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Judas Priest Guitarist Has Aortic Aneurysm During Concert And Survives

During a performance last week, Judas Priest guitarist Richie Faulkner nearly died onstage after experiencing an aortic aneurysm — an often fatal heart condition that occurs when the artery dissects or ruptures. 

The 41-year-old musician miraculously lived and has now opened up about the near-death experience he publicly had while performing the band’s 1990 song “Painkiller” at Kentucky’s Louder Than Life Festival. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 10.30.03 AM.png

“As I watch footage from the Louder Than Life Festival in Kentucky, I can see in my face the confusion and anguish I was feeling whilst playing ‘Painkiller’ as my aorta ruptured and started to spill blood into my chest cavity … Whatever the circumstances, when watching that footage, the truth is, knowing what I know now, I see a dying man,” he told Rolling Stone in a written statement just days after the incident on Sept. 26. “I was having what my doctor called an aortic aneurysm and complete aortic dissection. From what I’ve been told by my surgeon, people with this don’t usually make it to the hospital alive.”

See the rest here. 

That is what got John Ritter. This is a lucky guy. I know they said with Ritter if he was standing outside the OR and a team was prepared and waiting for him he still would not have survived. 

From my experience, I can tell you this is not only the most metal thing I have ever read, but also miraculous. It's true that very few make it to the hospital alive, and even once there they better hope there is a vascular surgeon and team waiting in the OR when they arrive. I've seen that happen once, off the ambulance and directly to the OR. 

That was one of the lucky ones.

Anytime someone told me they had certain symptoms, I always checked their belly for a pulsatile mass ( meaning probably not dissected yet ). I caught at least one that I can recall. 

• Like 1